Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal regulations and standards, such as the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Security Publication 800-53, standards and guidance published by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Security Publications.
- Experience with security control assessment (SCA) testing.
- Knowledge of system security plans (SSP), and security risk and vulnerability assessments.
- Experience creating and reviewing and detailed authorization to operate (ATO) package documents such as some of the following: SSP, SAR, CP, CMP, and POAM.
- Perform technical IT security assessments, IT security compliance, and independent IT Security Audits.
- Quarterly independent assessment of common controls.
- Optional Security Assessment Service for granting Authority To Operate (ATO) .
- Perform network, system and application security assessments and provide remediation recommendations with implementations.
- Provide a pre-review of selected controls for each system upon request by the system owner (SO) and/or Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO).
- Conduct an independent review of all quarterly Continuous Monitoring submissions from each NMFS System for compliance with the implemented version of NIST 800-53.
- Document and provide the assessment methodology and review process.
- Provide recommendations to enhance the Continuous Monitoring (Risk Management Framework) strategy through quarterly independent assessment of the NMFS IT Security Program and common controls.
- Incorporate results from technical security assessments conducted by third party assessors into quarterly security assessments to assess overall risk to the systems.
- Perform security assessments for cloud services.
- BA from an accredited college/university in a related field
- At least 3 years' experience
- Possess at least one of the following certifications - Certified Authorizing Professional (CAP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH)
- Public Trust
We are seeking an IT Security Specialist to join our team supporting National Marine Fisheries Service IT Security in Silver Spring, MD.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Silver Spring, MD.
- Type of environment: Office and Remote depending on client requirements
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Clearance requirement - Public Trust Eligible OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.