Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Manager, Data Analysis
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Senior Manager, you will partner cross-functionally with teams throughout the company to validate business impacting analytical tools. You will enhance your technical and analytical skills, while also working with leaders to influence business strategies. With a network of hundreds of Data Analysts, Quants, and Data Scientists, challenging projects with an eye on the bottom line and a focus on work/life balance, we've created a dynamic environment with plenty of room for you to learn, grow, and realize your full potential.
On a given day you will be:
- Refining a new Enterprise-wide analytical tools validation framework
- Planning and executing validation projects
- Assessing the quality and risk of analytical tool methodologies across Capital One, and the nature of tools usage within those processes
- Understanding technical issues in analytical tools and assessing tools risks and opportunities
- Independently researching, identifying, and prototyping industry best practices for emerging analytical tools
- Communicating results clearly and concisely both verbally and through written communications via validation reports and presentations
- Leveraging education, colleagues and training opportunities to develop solutions to business problems
- Coaching and mentoring junior staff
An ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's Degree plus at least 7 years of experience in data analytics, or currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Master's Degree plus at least 5 years of experience in data analytics, or currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a PhD plus at least 2 years of experience in data analytics with an expectation that required degree will be obtained on or before the scheduled start date.
- At least 5 years of experience with professional data analysis work experience
- At least 2 years leading and developing with open source data technologies
- At least 2 years of experience in people management
- Master's Degree or PhD in a Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or a related field
- At least 7 years of experience in statistical or econometrics hands-on work
- At least 5 years of experience manipulating and performing analysis with large data sets
- At least 5 years of experience in financial services industry
- At least 5 years of experience in developing statistical or econometric models
- At least 5 years of experience in validating statistical or econometric models
- At least 2 years of experience with data governance
- At least 2 years of experience with predictive analytics
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).