Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Product Management: Affiliate Network - Capital One Shopping (Remote - Eligible) Job Description
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team and become an expert on the technical requirements of affiliate marketing. In this role, you will own our third-party affiliate network integrations, which is the heart of affiliate marketing. If you have a remarkable ability to use data to tell a story, form a hypothesis and define metrics to identify the success of product initiatives - this is the role for you!
Product Management at Capital One is a booming, vibrant craft that requires reimagining the status quo, finding value creation opportunities, and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology. We believe our portfolio of businesses and investments in growth and transformation will result in a company with the scale, brand, capabilities, talent, and values to succeed as the digital revolution transforms our society and our industry.
Do you dream of well-designed and intuitive products and customer experiences? Do you want to be the one who introduces change to help tens of millions of customers make smarter financial choices? Do you want to change the way people manage their money? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then product management at Capital One may be a fit for you What we are looking for:
What you'll do:
- A knowledge and passion for emerging technologies (API's, Big Data, Native UI's) to incorporate into building great products
- Someone comfortable with backend products who is not afraid to challenge the norm and do what is right for the team
- A product centric mindset to take a product from ideation to production and continually iterate improvements
- A customer-first mindset
- A strategic thought leader who can create a compelling vision and story to present to senior executives and inspire direct and partner teams
- A strong communicator who can advance initiatives and create consensus through clear, concise, and contextually relevant messaging
- Creating and maintaining a healthy team culture through thoughtful leadership
- Results focused and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in handling large data files using SQL, Python, and/or R
- Identify, prioritize, and launch innovative, merchant focused products that drive revenue and customer value
- Use SQL to build a data-back strategy, identify insights, and troubleshoot issues
- Own day to day setting and monitoring of KPIs - requires strong SQL/data analysis skills
- Own day to day operations of product, including identifying bugs or leverage opportunities via comprehensive understanding of data
- Lead multiple teams of software and data engineers to design and deliver data platform features for internal users
- Understand the enterprise data requirements and ensure the system's compliance with enterprise patterns
- Relentlessly push to understand user and stakeholder needs and ensure they are considered in prioritization and trade-off discussions
- Create a vision and roadmap for your product that addresses stakeholder needs
- Partner with analysts, data scientists, designers, engineers, and others to continuously refine the roadmap and harvest insights from experiments and product launches
- Build and maintain strong relationships with leaders and stakeholders that depend on the capabilities and performance of our platforms
- Define, socialize, and monitor key performance indicators to understand the evolution and success of the project
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 year of product management experience or at least 3 year of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 5+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site):
$160,200 - $182,800 for Product Management
Remote (Regardless of Location):
$135,700 - $154,900 for Product Management
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).