Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Sr. Manager, Technical Program Management
As a Senior Manager of Technical Program Management (TPM) on Capital One's Enterprise product & platform organization, we're looking for someone that can help us build solid platforms on mobile and web surfaces as well as backend solutions that will help Capital One customers to have incredible experiences. The platforms are the foundational blocks on which Capital One's various lines of businesses (like credit card, retail banking, auto finance) will build delightful experiences for our customers.
Specifically, on the Run The Engine team within FS Tech, you will be responsible for ensuring our business as usual work (BAU) is technically sound. You will evaluate technical impact as new initiatives are rolled out, drive automation prioritization and strategy (including roadmaps) of RTE initiatives within FS, and help represent FS as Capital One's Enterprise evaluates new automation capabilities. In addition, you will work closely with multiple teams across the company to ensure the scope of work, timelines, and impacts of the projects are clear to all stakeholders.
In addition to the technical program, you will also work to pave the way for an expanding TPM discipline within the team, by leveraging your industry knowledge and experience to teach the organization what a great TPM can achieve.
Our TPM Sr. Managers have:
- Strong technical backgrounds (ideally building highly scalable platforms, products, or services) with the ability to proactively identify and mitigate technical risks throughout delivery life-cycle
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- A quantitative approach to problem solving and a collaborative implementer to holistic solutions; a systems thinker
- Ability to simplify the technically complex and drive well-educated decisions across product, engineering, design, and data science representatives
- Deep focus on execution, follow-through, accountability, and results
- Exceptional cross-team collaboration; able to work across different functions, organizations, and reporting boundaries to get the job done.
- Highly tuned emotional intelligence, good listener, and deep seated empathy for teams and partners
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of experience in Technical Program Management
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related technical field (Computer Science, Software Engineering)
- 5+ years of experience designing and building data-intensive solutions using distributed computing
- 3+ years of experience in building distributed systems & highly available services using cloud computing services / architecture - preferably using AWS
- 3+ years experience building highly scalable mobile products & platforms
- 3+ years of experience with Agile delivery
- 3+ years experience delivering large and complex programs - where you own the business or technical vision, collaborate with large cross-functional teams, secure commitments on deliverables, and unblock teams to land business impact
- Experience in building systems & solutions within a highly regulated environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).