West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Manager, Product Management, Correspondence Manager
Do you get excited about a role where you touch every new credit card account? What about a role where you own the whitespace problem-solving for a new piece of technology and can explore use cases outside of Card? Does it make you feel good inside when you lead your teams to deliver the work you roadmapped?
Then this might be the role for you! We are 'Correspondence Manager' and we've traditionally only delivered Correspondence for credit card decisions (think: a user is approved for a card, so we need to inform them via they're preferred method and include important information about their card). We are changing the status quo beyond this narrow use case; our vision is to apply our capabilities to other parts of Capital One. The new architecture calls for us to scale our platform and enable new functionality and capabilities to orchestrate the different types of decisions. This is where you come in! The new platform Product Manager must be skilled at both the whitespace discovery & design, as well as the executional delivery.
The Capital One Correspondence Manager Platform Team
is looking for an exceptional Product Manager who will help define and execute the Correspondence Manager platform scaling strategy:
General areas of responsibility:
- Develop a compelling product vision for capabilities that deliver breakthrough business value and make it easy for our internal consumers to access, use, and build on.
- Establish and maintain product roadmaps and an agile delivery operational structure in partnership with Tech that is efficient, transparent, and flexible.
- Build and maintain strong relationships and feedback loops with upstream and downstream stakeholders across the enterprise who manage the product/credit strategy and intent, downstream processes, technology, controls, and customer-facing experiences that depend on the capabilities and performance of the holistic platform.
- Partner with world class software engineers to design, deliver, and sustain new patterns and capabilities to reimagine how we use the capabilities and modernize how we deliver correspondence for card decisioning and use cases across the broader organization
- Deliver on several critical high-visibility use cases for the platform
- Understand upstream and downstream consumer / client needs and use those insights to power a value-generating use case roadmap
- Consider resilience, performance and cyber posture of the technology including items like prioritizing Enterprise Tech Backlog (ETB) initiatives and adhering to SLAs for data speed
- Socialize concerns, risks, and recommendations; obtain buy-in from appropriate stakeholders; generously share context and prioritization decisions
- Identify the right acceptance criteria and test cases; proactively partner with appropriate domain stakeholders to ensure the technology works holistically
- You will be involved in shaping and contributing to the overall fulfillment experience and enablement of Capital One's platform ecosystem by seeking and applying insights from dependent platforms, apps, and segments - moving from concepts to prototypes and prototypes to scalable solutions.
- You will develop hypotheses, build MVPs, and run pilots determining product, feature, and capability fit and value.
- You will be a part of overall thought leadership around platform development at the intersection of data+design+tech for the sake of creating meaningful, measurable business and customer value.
- You will collaborate with an extended team beyond the card platform organization
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of product management experience or at least 3 years of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.New York City: $160,200 - $182,800 for Product ManagementCandidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
- Familiarity with AWS, APIs, OneStream, Jira, data modeling, and Card acquisition processes
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).