Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
Director, Risk ManagementDirector, Risk Management Job Description Capital One is seeking a Director level risk management professional to lead the Divisional Services team for the Financial Services Business Risk Office. This is a key leadership role, with responsibility for several critical risk functions. In this role, not only will you lean into your analytical and problem solving skills by developing and deploying innovative solutions to mitigate risks to the Company, but you will also grow your strategic and influencing skills as you create and implement risk strategies. You will have a high level of exposure across the division and company, partnering closely with senior leaders from business, risk, technology, compliance, and legal teams. The Director will have the following responsibilities:
Qualities of a Successful Candidate: Directors in this space are highly motivated professionals with excellent leadership, problem solving, communication and influence skills. They are experienced operating in a highly dynamic environment and can balance the needs of multiple stakeholder groups. They have the ability to work with executives to create innovative solutions, and can think strategically, while executing on operational requirements. Additionally the ideal candidate will be:
- Lead a team of risk professionals to dynamically prioritize and effectively execute risk management activities in access management, business continuity, control testing, and horizontal governance activities
- Identify opportunities to improve risk management practices and develop solutions to perfect risk management, eliminate inefficiencies, and deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Establish influential and effective partnerships with leadership teams across the division and company
- Partner with stakeholders to effectively interpret and implement risk requirements
- Provide guidance and advice to business partners as they implement new initiatives
- Drive collaboration between the risk, compliance, operational risk, and other business support functions
- Inquisitive and Analytical - You ask why, explore possibilities, and bring your unique perspective to the table. You are comfortable with ambiguity and make it your business to master the data and signals to drive innovative solutions that are grounded in evidence.
- Discerning and Deliberative - You are careful and methodical, navigate uncertainty and risks expertly, and have a knack for steering the team away from impulsive or ill-informed decisions.
- Action-Oriented and Results-Driven - You have a desire to take action, try new things, and sometimes fail. Roadblocks won't set you back, because you'll stay focused on your goals. You're organized, are up for juggling multiple deliverables, and prioritize your work while keeping the customer at the forefront of everything you do.
- Up for a Challenge and Fungible - Big, undefined, unfamiliar, and complex problems will be exciting for you as you work to identify well-rounded solutions. You have an insatiable appetite for learning, and are constantly seeking out new challenges.
- Passionate and Customer-Focused - You are customer obsessed. You make it your business to understand their needs and their goals and are not satisfied with anything less than an exceptional customer experience.
- Communicative and Influential - You communicate complex ideas concisely and convincingly. You adjust your communication to your audience and are comfortable with presenting to executive leadership.
- Collaborative and Team-Oriented - You value diverse perspectives and seek insights from others. You bring energy to the group and rally them around a common goal.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in the Financial Services Industry
- At least 5 years of experience in risk management, accounting, or finance.
- At least 5 years of experience as a People Manager
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Masters Degree in Accounting, MBA (Masters of Business Administration) or JD (Juris Doctorate)
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).