Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Product Management - Experimentation Director, Product Management - Experimentation
Product Management at Capital One is a booming, vibrant craft that requires reimagining the status quo, finding value creation opportunities, and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology.
We believe our portfolio of businesses and investments in growth and transformation will result in a company with the scale, brand, capabilities, talent, and values to succeed as the digital revolution transforms our society and our industry.
Do you dream of well-designed and intuitive products and customer experiences? Do you want to be the one who introduces change to help tens of millions of customers make smarter financial choices? Do you want to change the way people manage their money? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then product management at Capital One may be a fit for you.
In this role, you'll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in five key areas:
- Human Centered
- Immerse yourself in knowing your internal and/or external customer(s) by employing empathy research and design thinking to define broad-scale solutions that provide breakthrough leverage
- Model adaptability by encouraging continuous evolution to product strategy in light of industry trends, emerging solutions, new insights, and changing customer and business needs
- Business Focused
- Learn the financial drivers, externalities, and points of leverage within your domain to identify new products or product enhancements that drive sustainable value
- Promote a culture anchored in data used to instrument products, validate outcomes, drive insights, and manage the business both tactically and strategically
- Technology Driven
- Foster a strong agile discipline that inspires teams to continuously improve delivery evidenced through key agility metrics
- Partner with Technology leaders to influence end-state architecture and drive secure, resilient, performant and scalable technology solutions that solve material customer and business problems
- Govern the responsible and efficient application of technology resources by assessing opportunities for reusing existing solutions, clearly defining minimum viable products, and always building with extensibility in mind
- Integrated Problem Solving
- Develop and champion a bold vision that drives meaningful outcomes by embracing the art of the possible
- Build frameworks for complex decision making that enable effective debate and accelerate getting to the right answer
What You'll Do:
- Transformational Leadership
- Establish a long-term product portfolio strategy informed by customer and business needs, and partner with leaders and stakeholders to regularly drive alignment, secure resources, and overcome impediments
- Attract, grow, empower, and inspire top product talent as they develop and deliver on their local product strategy in an iterative, outcome-focused, and well-managed way
- Lead the integration of experimentation tools within mobile environments. Ensuring adherence to Capital One's standards for mobile user experiences.
- Oversee and manage horizontal services, serving a minimum of 10 tech teams, with a focus of ideally supporting over 50 tech teams.
- Drive the strategic roadmap planning of complex implementations that require managing significant resource dependencies outside of the team's immediate control.
- Lead the implementation of experimentation tools, while also operating at least two third-party experimentation tools such as Adobe Target, Optimizely, Stat Sig, and LaunchDarkly
- Lead and execute experimentation learning agendas to drive data informed decisions and optimize user experiences.
- Identify and strategize highest value drivers, and design well-managed technology solutions that not only deliver near-term value but set the organization up for our 3-5 year vision
- Build a 2 year roadmap and execution strategy with the team by understanding customer and business needs and utilizing data and stakeholder feedback to drive prioritization
- Grow and develop product managers to help deliver on our roadmap and strategic priorities
We want you if you are:
- Work closely with our internal customers to understand opportunities and work with cross-functional teams to determine priorities
- Use a data-driven approach to define, track, and measure key performance and business metrics to help us make smarter business decisions, develop goals, and build better products
- Intellectually Curious. You're comfortable navigating between the big ideas and executional realities to create an achievable strategic Product Vision. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges
- Communicator & Influencer. You're comfortable influencing a group of executives as well as communicating your product vision clearly to your associates and partners. You can be open to different communication styles and listen carefully to diverse sets of ideas
- Do-er. You're biased toward action, and are willing to make commitments and trade-offs with other leaders to remove impediments for your team; you are a leader obsessed with delivering valuable in an iterative way focusing in minimum viable product
- Passionate & Customer Focus. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs and build long lasting relationships
- Learner. You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when exploring unknown technologies; you will seek for internal solutions before building new
- Team Player. You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You are also able to coach others and be a mentor in product development
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 5+ Years of People Management Experience in advising experimentation learning agendas
- 5+ Years of experience utilizing web-analytics/mobile-analytics tooling as a means of upleveling community expertise to drive experimentation
- 5+ Years of experience with triaging defective experiments and mentoring
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $228,500 - $260,800 for Director, Product Management
San Francisco, California (Hybrid On-Site): $242,100 - $276,300 for Director, Product Management
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).