Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
Principal Associate, International Payroll
As a Principal Associate on the HR Shared Services Payroll team, you'll manage a team of payroll professionals who perform a wide variety of payroll activities using a minute by minute plan (MBM). Those may include updating key transactions into the HR or payroll processing system, processing retroactive payments, calculating final pay, posting and reconciling payroll, correcting errors arising during payroll processing, and conducting audits and preparing reports. This team also works closely with Capital One Associates to answer their pay questions and resolve any issues with a key focus on associate experience. Additionally, in this role, you will apply your problem solving, collaboration and communication skills to lead initiatives to improve our processes and reporting. The ideal candidate brings strengths in the following areas:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, while also delivering timely, error-free work
- People leadership and performance management
- Sound administrative and management skills in the areas of policy interpretation, procedures, and people
- Ability to effectively manage communications to the team and to senior management
- Ability to generate analytic results and operate independently to develop recommendations with very little guidance
- The ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and use independent judgment and integrity
- Oversight of significant BAU for third - party vendor performance to ensure that things operate in compliance with payroll regulations / regulatory requirements , are well managed
- Recognize opportunities and recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and ensure quality
- Performance management and leadership of a dedicated team of payroll professionals
- Stay informed of relevant local regulatory and policies changes, communicating and establishing key changes across teams
- Work closely with technical departments to implement process improvements, test system changes, and lead special projects within the payroll department
- Ensure compliance with established payroll policies and procedures as well as federal and state regulations in assigned market
- Complete case management, execution of payments, payment research and reconciliations, and ensure International payroll compliance.
- Identify and investigate discrepancies or anomalies in payroll data and implement corrective actions.
- Participate in financial audits and provide payroll-related documentation and support as needed.
- Analyze data to proactively identify risks, trends, and adherence to key performance measures
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 4 year of experience in Human Resources
- At least 4 years of experience in operations management or previous garnishments, tax, or payroll
- At least 2 years of experience with payroll software
- Fluent in Spanish
- At least 3 years of experience in People Leadership
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- ADP experience
- At least 6 years of experience in People leadership
- Experience processing payroll in Mexico
- At least 4 years of experience with payroll software
- At least 6 years of experience in Human Resources
- At least 6 years of experience in garnishments, tax, or payroll
- At least 6 years of Risk Management, Human Resources or Operational Management experience
- Proficient in Google Suite
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).