Business Development Director
Lorton, VA Join our Talent Network
Business Development Director
Lorton, VA Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level! Chenega MIOS supports the military, federal, and commercial entities at home and abroad. Together, the companies aligned under the MIOS SBU offer a diverse and complementary range of capabilities that strengthen our capacity for shared knowledge and mission-focused service to our customers.
TheBusiness Development Directorwill implement and manage established MIOS Business Development (BD) processes and tools, the MIOS Business Intelligence Analysis (BIA) team, and support the pursuit of DoD and Civil agency opportunities. TheBusiness Development Directormust understand the business development lifecycle (identify, qualify, research, capture, proposal), the systems used to identify and qualify new opportunities, the research and analysis of business intelligence and intelligence reporting, and have a thorough understanding of the proposal development process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report directly to and work closely with MIOS Sr. Vice President BD in planning, designing, and implementing new business plans to include vision, strategies, and tactics.
- Work collaboratively with MIOS subsidiary Presidents and their BD principals to plan, design, and support new business plans.
- Work collaboratively with MIOS subsidiary BD principals and executives to coordinate MIOS BD proposal support, research, and competitive analysis.
- Manage the MIOS BD process, ensuring continuous process improvement and subsidiary compliance for nine separate operating companies.
- Manage access to and licenses for all MIOS BD tools (GOVWIN, SharePoint, etc.).
- Direct MIOS's new business research and analysis efforts. Guides the collection, analysis, and interpretation of collected data to derive qualified recommendations and assessments, business plans, competitive strategies, and approaches.
- Direct the day-to-day actions, operations, and support of the MIOS BD team.
- Direct the development and implementation of MIOS business development systems. Oversee continuous business process improvement of MIOS business systems and capabilities. Ensure MIOS subsidiaries receive system support.
- Manage the training and proficiency of the MIOS BD team in the use of market intelligence/business development tools/assets such as FedBizOpps, GovWin IQ, and FPDS.
- Conduct BD pipeline and process audits to ensure subsidiary compliance, quality assurance, and data integrity.
- Coordinate and facilitate MIOS level Final Bid, No Bid reviews.
- Participates in and supports the development of MIOS Prime proposal efforts (Book Boss, Reviewer, and Writer) as needed and necessary.
- Responsible for the Quality of MIOS BD products and services (RFI and Source responses, Business Intelligence Reports, Proposal Support, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field required.
- 7+ years of experience conducting or supporting Business Development operations and functions.
- 5+ years of experience developing proposals.
- 5+ years of experience using automated systems and tools such as SharePoint and GovWIN.
- 3+ years of experience managing personnel.
- Additional relevant experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- Background check required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Secret clearance.
- Must have the ability to travel a minimum of 15% as required to support MIOS BD efforts.
- Must have the ability to work nights, weekends, and Holidays as required.
- Must possess strong negotiating, influencing, and coaching skills.
- Must effectively communicate both through written and oral means.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Business Development lifecycle (identity, qualify, research, capture, proposal development), operations, and competitive research and analysis.
- Must be process-driven with the ability to manage the integration of automation to improve process efficiencies.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the Defense/Civil contracting environment (customers, technology, business process, etc.).
- Must know a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, databases (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project), SharePoint, and Outlook.
How you'll grow At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.
Benefits At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world. Chenega MIOS News-https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links: Chenega MIOS web site -www.chenegamios.com Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm LinkedIn -https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/ Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Join our Talent Network