The Literacy Instructional Coach provides leadership, professional learning, and coaching support to teachers on the development of literacy practices (reading, writing, speaking, listening, and metacognitive skill development) that increase opportunities for all students to succeed in general education settings. This job reports to the Principal.Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Secondary Education, Master's degree and Reading Specialist endorsement preferred.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid Virginia Department of Education license required, or eligibility to obtain one.
- A minimum of three to five years of successful teaching experience.
- Knowledge of current research in instructional coaching, curriculum trends in instruction, teacher effectiveness, differentiated instruction, student learning, and best practices in instruction.
- Knowledge of a variety of literacy assessments and familiarity with state assessments.
- Organizes and facilitates, in a collaborative manner, program specific professional learning and implementation to support the inclusion of all students.
- Coordinates services and communicates program goals with appropriate personnel.
- Strengthens teachers' instructional knowledge and their repertoire of pedagogical strategies for teaching rigorous content to all students.
- Facilitates the consistent use of effective literacy strategies by supporting teachers through co-planning, co-teaching, modeling, demonstration sessions, reflecting, and focused classroom observations.
- Supports teachers in creating classroom environments in which literacy is consistently and effectively integrated and where all learners are actively engaged and supported in challenging and rigorous studies as they make meaning of academic content through daily reading, writing, oral communication experiences, and hands-on activities.
- Collaborates with teachers (general education, special education, and English Language Learning teachers) and administrators to develop and provide differentiated support in which teachers set student achievement related to growth in reading and professional development goals that are pedagogically based and data-driven.
- Facilitates the analysis and interpretation of formative and summative literacy data and continuous improvement process school-wide.
- Assists administrative and instructional staff in analyzing and interpreting data and designing, implementing, and evaluating interventions to improve student achievement.
- Collaborates with teachers, both individually and in small groups, to analyze student work, reflect on instructional delivery, evaluate lessons, and differentiate instruction accordingly.
- Documents work and keep progress logs with teacher input.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of PLCs among teachers, fostering a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Organize and lead workshops, seminars, and training sessions related to literacy instruction and PLCs.
- Support teachers in using data to inform instructional decisions.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
FC Hammond Middle School Salary Range:
Teachers and Other Licensed Staff Salary Scale (http://www.acps.k12.va.us/hr/compensation/) Shift Type: