Summary Electronic Technician III Albuquerque, NM
Chenega IT Enterprise Services (CITES) offers forward-thinking technology solutions to federal agencies and the DoD. Formed in 2016 to serve federal customers CONUS, CITES has grown quickly into a best practices leader for the modern federal enterprise.
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
The Electronic Technician III
will troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair electrical and electronic devices, systems, and components. The Electronic Technician III
will work within established procedures, performing a wide variety of nonstandard complex tasks in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, video, CCTV, Laser, RF/Microwave communications, Radar, or optical areas to evaluate and resolve equipment and system problems. Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and repair to:
- Component-level Infrared systems
- Underground proximity sensors
- Night Vision Goggles
- Fiber Optic and RF cable systems
- CCTV systems and components
- Microwave transmission systems
- Infrared and Visible Light cameras including optics
- Video over IP systems
- Troubleshoot and repair digital and analog devices such as pan and tilt units, infrared and day lenses.
- Solder skills are required on parts as needed.
- Recommend process improvements or procedure modifications.
- Determine types of tests to be performed on various equipment and components.
- Suggest modifications to testing equipment.
- Communicate effectively with other personnel.
- Initiate and prepare written equipment status reports.
- Adhere to Safety and Security processes and procedures.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals and technical procedures, or governmental regulations and write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Associate degree or Electronics Technology certificate.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and an additional 2+ years of experience may be substituted for education.
- 3+ years of experience in troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of electronic equipment.
- 2+ years of experience in RF, Radar, and Microwave receiver and transmitter circuits performing repair and troubleshooting to module and component level using test equipment, like RF generators, RF power meters, antennas and waveguides, and impedance matching.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must pass a CBP Background Investigation.
How you'll grow
- Ability to travel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, good organizational skills, and the ability to self-direct and prioritize in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Thermal Imagery expertise a plus.
- Experience with CMMS, like Maximo and/or Maximum is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Time management and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must be able to work early or late 8-hour flex shifts, including weekends and holidays, and perform on-site field service of equipment.
- Must have the ability to climb poles and antenna towers up to 120 feet.
- Prior climbing certification a plus.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program