Summary Mid-Level Field Network Engineer Reston, VA
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers with trusted insights into Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
The Mid-Level Field Network Engineer
shall support all infrastructure services to optimally perform their designed functions thereby decreasing service downtime and increasing mission success. Responsibilities
- Provide support by designing, installing, and implementing end-to-end networking solutions for forward-deployed RF-based technical equipment.
- Provide pre- and post-deployment support for current and future space and counterspace (SCS) technical collection capabilities, including but not limited to the following:
- Support of system development, validation, and verification testing and acceptance.
- Support of pre-deployment surveys.
- Support of logistics, planning, and execution of asset installation.
- Maintenance and decommissioning of forward-deployed assets.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the network and operational status of forward-deployed assets.
- Implement and/or modify existing network monitoring capabilities.
- Assist the Team Lead with preparing and submitting contract data requirements (CDRLs).
- Complete daily time recording as required in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Complete annual training by company and contract policies and procedures.
- Travel CONUS and OCONUS as required, 10-15%.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience required.
- Coding and Linux experience is a plus, but not required.
- Active and up-to-date CompTIA Security+ certification required.
- Must obtain a Cisco CCNA license independently within the first 2 years of employment.
- Network+ strongly desired.
- Top Secret clearance is required with the ability to obtain an SCI and pass a CI polygraph before employment begins.
How you'll grow
- Firm understanding of routing, subnetting, switching, and VLAN operations is a must.
- Experience with managing network and security devices, like CISCO switches and ASAs.
- Experience with planning and executing construction projects and deployments.
- Experience with fixing networking and/or RF equipment in less-than-ideal conditions.
- Experience working with RF communications or radar systems in system development and acquisition programs.
- Experience with software and hardware security accreditation of IT systems and with setting up physical and soft IT networks for data collection from field sites.
- Knowledgeable in CONOPs development for operations and in managing and overseeing contractor development of systems and software required.
- Experience working with cross-domain networking solutions for multi-level classified systems.
- Ability to manage relationships with data providers.
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with time-related constraints in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to self-start and work independently or as a team.
- Ability to travel both CONUS and OCONUS as required, 10-15%.
- Travel varies but must be willing to spend 1-2 weeks at a time doing field deployments several times per year with a small team. CONUS trips are shorter.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program