Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Manager, Head of Member/Direct MMB & Municipal Closing
Are you looking for a challenging role that includes the convenience of working virtually at home? Then a Capital One Commercial Ops role may be the role for you! You must be within 100 miles driving distance from our Capital One hub in Plano, TX.
The Sr Manager, Head of Member/Direct MMB & Municipal Closing is an experienced, qualified individual who possesses a thorough understanding of the principles governing loan documentation, coordination of loan closings and perfection of security interests. They will serve as part of the Corporate Banking Operations Leadership Team and help set and drive strategic initiatives that enable the organization to better serve our Customers and internal stakeholders. They will lead a team of Loan Closing associates responsible for driving the closing process for commercial loan products, including documentation gathering, submission of necessary paperwork and due diligence work. General Responsibilities :
Work at Home Technology Requirements:
- Lead a team of 12 Loan Closing associates who are responsible for driving the closing process for commercial loan products, including documentation gathering, submission of necessary paperwork, due diligence work and funding.
- Set and drive strategic agenda as part of the Corporate Banking Operations Leadership Team. Support direct reports in translating strategic initiatives into tangible, measurable actions and milestones.
- Partner with Relationship Managers and Underwriters to agree on, document and implement clear delineation of roles and responsibilities throughout the closing process.
- Collaborate with Commercial Risk partners to establish and maintain well-managed and controlled processes. Use trends in data and operational incident reporting to identify areas requiring preventative controls.
- Support direct reports in monitoring of Closing pipeline to ensure closings are assigned to associates according to experience and capacity
- Coordinate efforts with peers to establish best practices across all lines of businesses.
- Establish and maintain strong working partnerships with the deal team; lead regular touchpoints to address challenges and influence strategic initiatives.
- Identify and address knowledge gaps within the team; develop and provide guidance through knowledge sharing and formal training.
- Leverage metrics and KPIs to monitor team and associate performance; communicate performance to Head of Corporate Banking Operations during monthly business reviews.
- Represent team during regular performance and talent management cycles
- Support team during periods of high volume by performing secondary reviews of closing documents and funding wires.
- A secure home office environment that is free from background noise and distractions
- A reliable private internet connection that is not supplied by using cellular data (hot spot)
- Cable or fiber connections are preferred
- Internet service download speeds must be at least 5 mbps, with 10+ mbps preferred - check your download speed using a speed test. A sample one can be found here . To test your home internet from your personal computer at home, type www.speedtest.net into the web browser of your personal computer.
- Sustained ability to maintain latency less than 250 ms in voice calls is required
- Hard wired connectivity is preferred, any use of wireless connectivity must be Private (non-public) and password protected through WPA2-PSK (AES) encryption. If you have any questions about your encryption, please consult with your internet provider
- A private network is password protected where you have ownership or line of sight to every device on the network
- Capital One reserves the right to request proof of internet provider, speed and service package from the associate
- Requirements are subject to change, as new systems and technology are delivered. Capital One reserves the right to modify internet service requirements with sixty (60) days notice.
Candidates must live within 100 miles driving distance of our hub locations based in Plano, TX. Basic Qualifications :
Preferred Qualifications :
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 5 years of experience in Commercial Loan Underwriting, Closing or Servicing
- At least 2 years of experience leading a team or cross-functional projects
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- 6+ years of experience in Commercial Loan Underwriting, Closing or Servicing
- 3+ years of experience with Loan or Legal Documentation
- 1+ year of experience with ACBS
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, Docs)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).