Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Product Management: Concierge Travel - Velocity Black (Remote - Eligible)
Product Management at Capital One is a booming, vibrant craft that requires reimagining the status quo, finding value creation opportunities, and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology.
We're excited to share that Capital One US has now acquired Velocity Black, a digital concierge company. Take a look at the announcement here .
Velocity Black by Capital One harnesses the power of artificial intelligence, the warmth of human experts and the convenience of the latest interfaces to help high-performance people actualize the full potential of their lives. It's concierge, reimagined for the digital age.
By harnessing 24/7 chat, AI, and mobile payments, we help our customers do more and be more in the digital age. From access to the hottest restaurants to guaranteed upgrades at the world's finest resorts. Make a custom request through the app and you will be chatting to our team within 1 minute, 24/7/365.
We are looking for someone passionate about hospitality and the customer experience to work on our Velocity Black Concierge product. You will have the opportunity to work on customer facing and internal products, and be asked to coordinate between stakeholders, engineering, and leadership to build a world class product.
In this role, you'll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in four key areas
- Human Centered
- You'll define clear and actionable problem statements to help teams deliver results while displaying a comprehensive understanding of iterative software delivery, capable of thin-slice MVP grooming
- You'll leverage customer insights to influence priorities and roadmap feature development while advocating for and driving alignment between stakeholders in the development of acceptance criteria
- You'll obsess over UX/UI patterns and seek to create world class, omni-channel experiences
- Business Focused
- You'll own and prioritize the near-term product roadmap to deliver on business outcomes, quickly identifying points of leverage in complex problems or systems, and utilizing data effectively to define success metrics and measurable outcomes
- You'll utilize balanced judgment in decisions about risks of both actions taken and not taken while innovating on ways to iterate faster in a well-managed way for the immediate team
- Technology Driven
- You'll understand and leverage technology and end-state architecture vision to partner with technology team to drive comprehensive design decisions out of white space technical problems
- You'll share business strategy and roadmap with Tech partners to establish context while also leading and facilitating agile ceremonies alongside Tech Leads
- You'll deliver value by creating reusable, extensible and resilient capabilities and proactively identify opportunities when key metrics on sales, service, and customer engagement are not performing
- Transformational Leadership
- You'll develop and communicate a 6-month vision to senior stakeholders and partner teams with accurate details and transparency on risks and impediments, and proactively build relationships with those outside of your immediate team resulting in horizontal influence
- You'll contribute to team culture and recruiting by leading activities to attract and retain top talent and mentoring and developing junior product associates
As a Velocity Black Concierge product manager, you will:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external partners to grow and enhance Velocity Black's luxury concierge offering. You will work closely with operations, sales, engineering, and leadership to create a premium experience that exceeds customer expectations.
- Dream up and deliver new luxury concierge features and experiences in partnership with business partners. You will be responsible for optimizing in-market products though rapid testing and obsessing over the customer experience.
- Think strategically to prioritize the roadmap in a way that balances multiple priorities including building a product that customers love, meeting the interests of internal partners, and driving value for our growing luxury concierge business.
- Shape the product development roadmap for new launches and features.
- Work alongside a passionate and collaborative team to create innovative new concierge experiences.
We want you if you are:
- Intellectually Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges.
- Communicator & Influencer. You can communicate complex ideas clearly regardless of your audience. Our team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. You always can rally associates to work with you.
- Do-er. You're biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals. You're well organized, able to multitask and able to prioritize your work.
- Passionate & Customer Focused. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You get a thrill from the journey of building and shipping products, and you have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs.
- Learner. You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when the time comes to ask for help.
- Team Player. You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You have the ability to put the team before yourself and establish long-lasting relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of product management experience or at least 3 years of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 5+ years of experience in Agile Product Management
- Experience in ecommerce or travel technology in a technical, product, or strategic role
- Experience working with and building high-end luxury products
- Understanding of end-to-end online travel agency or ecommerce workflows from shopping through servicing
- Spikes in a design or customer-centric skill set and is obsessed with the customer
- Experience working with and building high-end luxury products
- Passionate about customer experience and hungry to go above and beyond to ship features and build a world-class product
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site):
$160,200 - $182,800 for Product Manager
Remote (Regardless of Location):
$135,700 - $154,900 for Product Manager
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).