Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Executive Compensation
As a Compensation Manager for Capital One you will use your experience and expertise to drive important projects and high priority deliverables. You will help the company to deliver exceptional service to each of its associates and personally drive the continual improvements that Capital One makes to its executive salary and benefits packages. The ideal candidate should be intellectually curious, have strong communication and analytical skills and facilitate strong partnerships. Capital One can provide an environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work. Responsibilities:
- Own senior executive benchmarking analysis including benchmarking strategy, management of surveys, analysis of data, recommendations on executive pay levels and partnering with HR leaders to review pay
- Manage mid-year and year-end SVP+ compensation process including partnership with corporate compensation to run the Workday cycle, ownership of payout and target setting model, submission of final payouts, and management of Board of Director pay
- Assist in the creation of materials for the Annual Proxy Statement, Board of Directors meetings, and public filings
- Perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation programs and model potential impact of alternatives
- Consult on compensation matters with HRBP and Senior Directors / VP level business leaders.
- Work with the Executive Compensation team and partners to design pay programs to both meet business needs and align to overall corporate philosophy
- Management of the Executive Auto Program, managing the benefit for executives
- Provide support to other team members on compensation-related initiatives and projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Human Resources, Compensation, Benefits, Legal, Finance, or Accounting.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Statistics, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Human Resources.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to structure technical work.
- Exceptional consultative and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills both inside and outside of HR, engaging stakeholders to achieve a common vision.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- At least 2+ years of experience in Excel and PowerPoint.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).