The University of Maryland’s division of University Relations is seeking a highly motivated, goal-oriented, enthusiastic professional to serve as a Development Officer for Leadership Annual Giving.
Reporting to the Director of Leadership Annual Giving, this position works collaboratively as a front-line fundraiser for the Leadership Annual Giving team (LEAD) to support all areas of the University to help build the major gift pipeline through the identification and solicitation of donors at the Leadership Annual Giving level ($1,000 – $49,999) throughout an assigned region.
The Development Officer for Leadership Annual giving will have several duties including but not limited to:
- Responsible for the discovery of new donors and solicitation of gifts from the University’s alumni, friends, parents and constituents
- Actively manage and develop a portfolio of leadership annual giving prospects throughout an assigned region
- Meet and exceed a set number of metrics including but not limited to: visits (in-person and virtual), solicitations, dollars raised, and referrals to major gift portfolios
- Identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation of mid-level giving prospects to create and grow a pipeline of donors
- Collaborate with colleagues to help align donors’ philanthropic interests with various priorities across campus
- Make donor referrals to university-wide major gift officers, as appropriate
- Provide timely post-visit follow-up, including tracking moves and solicitations, and sending personalized follow-ups to individual prospects
- Attend university-wide events and University Relations related meetings