Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, develops, tests, integrates and deploys solutions for critical requirements.
- The current solution is at the end of life stage, therefore new solutions need to be developed and incorporated; new and innovative technologies utilized to successfully meet the user requirements.
- Design and deliver an enterprise-level system with a modular, segmented architecture that can support both large scale and small scale solutions in order to meet the requirements across a broad range of applicable use cases.
- In order to support the technical requirements, the Sponsor requires Information Technology (IT) activities to achieve the goal of designing, developing, testing, integrating and deploying the solutions.
- Create, test, and maintain test, development and production environments; implement established technical and workflow procedures, troubleshoot network and application issues, and providing guidance and technical assistance as needed.
- Update technical configuration documents, manage the system lifecycle, support technical review boards as needed, and participate in technical design reviews as needed.
- Prepare and deliver required documentation to include both program and user level documentation, interact with members of the technical team leads; to understand the current system, subsystems, and component specifications and be able to use experience to recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development, communicate and share expertise within and across the Sponsor's organizational boundaries and work both independently and in small groups.
- Active TS/SCI + Poly
- Bachelor's degree and 10-15 years of experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Experience with Linux and PowerShell administration.
- Experience creating, testing and maintaining test, development and production environments using Linux and AWS technologies
- Experience troubleshooting network and application issues.
- Experience preparing and deliver required documentation to include both program and user level documentation
We are seeking a Systems Administrator o join our team in te National Capital Region.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: National Capital Region
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is Monday- Friday, dayshift. Core support hours 9am - 3pm. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active TS/SCI + Poly Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.