Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as an independent and impartial assessor to determine and certify aggregate cybersecurity risk for recommendation to the SCA.
- Experience in helping federal agencies manage risks associated with operating an on-premise and cloud-based information system while using RMF
- Conduct security control validation and assessment of technical security features of a system or network to address known threats and vulnerabilities. The evaluation must consider and identify impacts as well as consideration of existing risk mitigation strategies.
- Validate and assess security controls in accordance with NIST SP 800-53, CNSSI-1253 and with the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
- Conduct required vulnerability analysis to support mitigation and residual risk determination.
- Ensure traceability of all vulnerabilities from raw assessment results to the POA&M.
- Support updates of the RAR and POA&M based on the assessment results.
- Advise the AODR, AO, CISO of all DoD RMF matters related to associated systems based on the evaluation of associated security controls and artifacts.
- Identify, communicate and deliver concise, coherent narratives on key controls and technical details of nuanced issues.
- Convey findings, recommendations and ideas on complex IT systems to functional leaders and executives.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of all NIST and CNSSI publications related to RMF and security controls for national security systems (NSS) and non-NSS systems.
- Possess working knowledge of DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), DoD IA guidance and policies, and NIST 800 series standards.
- Possess in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with eMASS software supporting the RMF process.
- Possess working knowledge of ACAS Security Center to include report generation and evaluation of vulnerability and discovery scans.
- Possess experience with developing and briefing DoD Cybersecurity Scorecard and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Possess working knowledge of STIG Viewer to validate STIG checklists and SCAP scans.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment as well as independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BS 8-10,Years, MS 6-8, PhD 3-5
- eMASS Training and Experience
- Minimum of DOD IAM II or III
- Minimum Top-Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree
We are seeking an Lead Security Engineer to join our Prime Contract with the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
The IV&V Team is an independent third party who assesses and validates that agency systems have implemented the approved security control baseline. The Team acts as a trusted agent to the SCA and SCAR and supports the agency continuous monitoring program as necessary. This task includes such activities as cybersecurity policy review, interpretation, and applicability, cybersecurity policy development, strategic planning, and policy rollout, compliance tracking, enforcement, and reporting.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Fort Belvoir, va
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel:Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Top Secret Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.