Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Privacy Compliance Advisor, Manager (Enterprise Services)
Capital One's technology transformation has presented an exciting opportunity to usher in leading edge, innovative approaches to compliance risk management in close partnership with our business clients. Capital One is increasingly using technology to further its most dynamic, innovative products, which calls for new, creative ways for us to think about compliance and risk in a way that helps the business succeed, safely and quickly. Privacy Compliance & Risk (PC&R) is at the center of these activities, and performs a key risk management role to ensure the business and corporate initiatives comply with applicable federal and state privacy laws and regulations.
The Privacy Compliance Manager will apply risk, process management, and analytical skills to drive actions in support of privacy risk objectives for the Compliance department. The Privacy Compliance Manager is responsible for delivering quality results and providing sound privacy compliance advice to various business entities within the Enterprise Services line of business including: Enterprise Product and Experience (EPX), portions of the Chief Data Officer's organization, Tech, and core AdTech platforms as a privacy subject matter expert. A successful Privacy Compliance Manager is a highly motivated, forward thinking self-starter who can work autonomously, is quick to adapt, has a strong grasp of technology, sees beyond the present to identify tomorrow's risks, and is able to proactively integrate themselves seamlessly into these exciting business spaces.
- Closely follow emerging privacy trends across the country, including the development of new state and federal privacy laws, regulations, and trends. Identify trends in data and advise on identified current and emerging privacy risks;
- Maintain subject matter expertise of applicable privacy laws and regulations such as FCRA, FACTA, TCPA, TSR, CAN-SPAM, GLBA, GDPR, FFIEC guidance, CCPA/CPRA, CA SB1, HIPAA, state biometric privacy laws, and laws and best practices pertaining to AdTech;
- Provide effective challenge and guidance on privacy risks and support Enterprise Services through various interactions and forum engagements;
- Advise Enterprise Services on application of privacy requirements, development of controls and monitoring, remediation/corrective action of compliance breakdowns, and changes in law or regulation;
- Support and, as necessary, participate in evaluation of Enterprise Services initiatives and processes from a privacy risk perspective;
- Assist the business in developing and maintaining the Compliance Management Program (i.e., how to monitor, report, and train);
- Actively participate on complex projects by providing guidance, advice, and effective challenge;
- Active involvement with privacy compliance testing and third party compliance;
- Review privacy-related complaints generated from the business and provide guidance on remediation; escalate and consult with subject matter experts, when necessary;
- Evaluate Internal Audit, Regulatory Exam, and self-identified privacy issues and events for compliance impacts;
- Assist in capturing, maintaining, and analyzing compliance data, interpreting it to ensure consistency and adequate Compliance Risk Management;
- Participate in reporting activities used by Senior Leadership; and
- Travel to various Capital One locations as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Clear results orientation and focus on achieving both short and long term goals;
- A proven track record of proactively supporting and working across business lines and functions and with a senior management team;
- Ability to navigate "white space" or ambiguous situations to drive and execute an agenda in a fluid environment;
- Solid teamwork skills; ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team;
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills (written and oral) coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal, and negotiation skills;
- Strong judgment, influencing skills, integrity, and discretion in handling highly sensitive issues;
- Ability to effectively challenge first line of defense risk taking, risk assessments, and risk mitigation efforts;
- Successful track record of thriving in both a highly regulated industry and a fast paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment;
- Strong project management, process management, and organizational skills;
- A collaborative, energetic, solution-oriented, and innovative leadership style;
- Ability to balance operating independently with appropriate escalation and interaction with senior leadership;
- Willingness to work as a team player and interact with associates across functions, departments, and job levels, both inside and outside the Compliance Department; and
- Understanding of key regulatory and audit requirements and three lines of defense risk management framework.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a risk or compliance role within a FinTech, or Financial Services, or Technology, or Advertising Technology organization
- Master's Degree or Juris Doctorate
- At least 6 years of experience in Privacy compliance, or at least 6 years of experience in legal, or at least 6 years of experience in audit
- CIPP (Certified International Privacy Professional) certification, CRCM (Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager) certification, ACAMS (Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists) certification, CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), or CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).