Summary IT Specialist III Washington, DC
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
At Cyberstar, we aim to analyze and boost human and business performance through the implementation of business process redesign and information technology (IT) modernization to include data analytics and cloud computing.
We offer an alternate solution to improving the quality and effectiveness of business operations. In an ever-changing economy, Cyberstar helps companies better read and understand their market data through the synchronization of process innovation, human dynamics, analysis, and the integration of data technology capabilities, to ensure functional optimization in their business.
The primary function of the IT Specialist III
is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting the Department of Defense (DOD), Headquarters United States Air Force. The position will provide "day-to-day" direct support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI), and Special Access Program (SAP) networks. Responsibilities
- Maintain network and standalone servers, workstations, network access, Security Monitoring Systems, and system documentation as required
- Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum performance
- Prepare the system for operational use and support operational tests
- Identify AIS vulnerabilities and implement countermeasures
- Ensure AIS and network nodes are operated, maintained, and disposed of by security policies and practices
- Perform VTC System administration, scheduling, and configuration as needed
- Provide networks with direct client support
- Perform account creations, modifications, and deletions
- Provide direct multi-level help desk support and troubleshooting of all hardware and software
- Perform hardware and software system configuration, upgrades, and modifications
- Provide desktop and laptop configuration and support
- Senior labor category personnel typically work on high-visibility or mission-critical aspects of a given program and perform all functional duties independently.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master of Art/Master of Science/Master of Engineering (MA/MS/ME) degree
- 10+ years of relevant DoD/IC or relevant industry work experience with no less than 2 years of experience in a SAP and/or SCI environment with at least 1 year of that total being within the past 5 years
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 3
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information is required
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph is required
- TS/SCI clearance required
How you'll grow
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/ 2016 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server 2010/2013/2016, and Microsoft Windows 7/10 operating systems (OS) administration and associated requirements
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies, including communication security (COMSEC) integration
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DoD, military, civilian, and contractor personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) productivity software
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, and initiative requiring minimal supervision
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program