Summary Instructional System Designer II Jacksonville, FL
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Systems (CS) provides federal agencies empowered solutions in Cybersecurity and Data Visualization. Our Subject Matter Experts offer decades of experience working in the federal marketplace and the data visualization environment.
In this important role, you will support Strategic Systems Programs (SSP). SSP's mission is the development and sustainment of Strategic Weapons Systems (SWS) and safeguarding the Polaris Sales Agreement; a special relationship between the U.S. and United Kingdom (UK). You'll assist in achieving SSP's mission by providing training technology expertise in support of the Navy Nuclear Deterrence Mission (NNDM).
The Instructional System Designer II
will support Strategic Systems Programs (SSP). SSP's mission is the development and sustainment of Strategic Weapons Systems (SWS) and safeguarding the Polaris Sales Agreement; a special relationship between the U.S. and United Kingdom (UK). The Instructional System Designer II
will assist in achieving SSP's mission by providing training technology expertise in support of the Navy Nuclear Deterrence Mission (NNDM).
The Instructional System Designer II
coordinates with a team of other ISD to create and develop training materials in support of technical subject matter. The Instructional System Designer II
creates and revises training products by evaluating Subject Matter Expert (SME) data, reference materials, and technical content to produce effective learning products. Demonstrates effective needs analysis, course design, course development, quality management, evaluation, and project management skills. Independently develops entry and advanced-level courses. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As an Instructional System Designer II
within our Strategic Systems Programs (SSP)
team, you will:
- Outline the objectives for the course by defining the learning need, assessments, and supporting materials
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances student retention and transfer
- Perform validation of instructor-led and computer-based instructional material
- Work with subject matter experts (SME) to identify training needs
- Synthesize and write course content based on written material, previous training courses, interviews, etc.
- Design quizzes/tests/exams and meaningful course interactions to increase learning and retention
- Conduct analysis of student training results concluding to make recommendations to improve training approaches and or content
- Participate in team brainstorming and strategy meetings to define training objectives
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Associate degree
- Formal training in instructional methodology and adult learning gained from military training schools and/or college education; military experience and education may substitute for formal college education
- 4+ years of experience related to SWS, AWS, Navigation Electronics training, or similar military technical experience
- DoD Secret clearance required
How you'll grow
- Strong written and verbal English grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage, and pronunciation
- Knowledge and application of adult learning principles and instructional design models
- Ability to develop workflows and business procedure
- Proven working experience in instructional design and instructional technology
- Ability to effectively write instructional text and audio scripts/video scripts
- Microsoft Word: Basic text formatting functions, tables, bullets, numbering, hanging indents, inserting graphics, tracking changes, and accepting comments and changes
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Basic text formatting, tables, master layouts, text, and title placeholders, entering slide notes, and the ability to use graphic design features to create screen layouts
- Microsoft Outlook email and calendaring: Send, receive, and file emails and create and accept calendar appointments and invitations
- Ability to maintain and access files in an organized fashion on both a local hard drive and a network drive
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have various opportunities to continue growing throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Systems, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program