OverviewVice President, Total Rewards US Remote - Rockville
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee - from entry level through top executive - to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
Our People and Performance team is evolving, and it has never been a more exciting time to join the Emmes team!We are bringing to life our purpose of improving public health and biopharmaceutical innovation using truth as our compass.
We are seeking a Vice President of Total Rewards to support this strategic work. This role will drive global program alignment, executing a global rewards philosophy and strategy inclusive of broad-based compensation, benefits, wellness, employee mobility, recognition, and retention programs. You will be a vital People & Performance leadership team member, collaborating to develop a talent strategy that helps drive the company's success.
You will work closely with the executive team and internal functions (Finance, Sales Operation, IT, etc.) and external partners/vendors to deliver creative and market-sensitive Total Rewards strategies that are consistent, scalable, and effective. In addition, this leader will manage the integration of mergers and acquisitions for the HR function and oversee HR Information Systems (HRIS) to improve processes that enhance the employee experience while leveraging people data and analytics to help leaders make informed decisions. Responsibilities Compensation:
- Leads the development, implementation, and execution of global compensation and benefits programs and salary structures designed to maintain an engaged global workforce.
- Serve as an internal functional expert to our Executive Compensation Committee, owning and driving our agenda relevant to key focus areas.
- Oversee vital components of a successful compensation function, including base pay administration, sales incentives, variable compensation, job evaluation, benchmarking, survey participation, compensation structures and systems, pay budgets, and equity analysis.
- Effectively manage compensation programs in a geographically dispersed and partially remote workforce. Proactively predict markets and differing compensation strategies in various geographies.
- Provides key stakeholders with a market-leading total reward experience and level of service. Partners with business and corporate leadership teams on critical total rewards initiatives, including compensation budget planning, executive compensation programs, etc.
- At times, may present to the company's Board of Directors on relevant total rewards topics.
- Ensures that accurate estimates, forecasts, and calculations of expenditures in compensation align with budget planning and tracking.
- To support our culture and overall engagement, oversee and govern non-cash programs, including our recognition and rewards programs.
- Partner closely with Talent partners in developing key frameworks, including promotion guidelines, career ladders, and leveling criteria/frameworks.
- Lead the development of overall compensation strategy, including executive, sales and global compensation programs and long-term incentive design.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure our materials/collateral used for recruiting are competitive and drive our employee value proposition.
HRIS and Data Analytics:
- Oversee the company's benefits programs, including health, welfare, and retirement programs in multiple countries, ensuring compliance and cost competitiveness.
- Build on Emmes' global well-being strategy to improve employee holistic physical, mental, and financial health.
- Provide market intelligence and competitive market benchmarking to continue to align and improve Emmes' global benefits programs through strategic direction, process improvement, and cost management.
- Provides broad governance and leadership of retirement programs, including the US 401k plan. Interfaces with providers, brokers, and auditors. Coordinates vendor management, wellness, and health education initiatives.
- Leverages technology to enhance total rewards reporting, communications, and process simplification. Provides ad-hoc analysis and uses data to drive solutions to complex global problems.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual benefits budget and periodic forecasts.
- Act as executive sponsor for Emmes HR information systems, including ADP
- Partner closely with IT to manage enterprise wide HRIS projects, including the selection and implementation of new systems
- Manage data quality and improve audit capabilities.
- Oversee analytics function to provide meaningful data and guidance for key stakeholders and leadership.
- Establish and measure key program metrics across all areas of HR.
- Contributes to the HR due diligence of mergers and acquisitions
- Manages the integration of acquisitions and people programs for other corporate development transactions related to Total Rewards and HRIS integrations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Self-motivated and proactive with a reputation for critical thinking and seeing around corners
- Strong customer orientation with outstanding consultative and solutioning skills
- High social and emotional intelligence with experience establishing relationships as a trusted advisor
- Team-oriented with the ability to foster a collaborative and creative environment and an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Highly adaptable to change; able to easily navigate between high-level strategy and roll-up-sleeves execution
- Ability to innovate and challenge current norms to drive change in the organization and work with people of varying backgrounds and organizational levels.
Emmes requires all US based Clinical Research Associate new hires to be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment. All new hires may also be required to comply with other COVID-19 health and safety protocols, such as masking or testing. Emmes complies with all applicable laws regarding reasonable accommodations or exemptions for religious, medical, or other legally protected reasons.
- 15+ years of experience in total rewards design and strategy, salary benchmarking, job evaluation processes, incentive plans, benefits, and reward programs with a global matrixed organization.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or Master's degree preferred in HR or related field preferred, or equivalent experience in HR, compensation and benefits.
- Preferred experience includes designing executive and sales compensation programs and familiarity working under private equity ownership in expanding organizations through targeted mergers and acquisitions while effectively scaling a global total rewards function.
- Strong understanding of interdependencies in program and systems design, including legal, tax, and financial implications of all compensation elements (base, bonus, equity)
- Experience effectively scaling a global rewards function to support the company's business goals with a strong awareness of best practices.
- Exceptional Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and PowerPoint skills.
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.