Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Manager, Cyber Threat Researcher, Cyber Intelligence (Remote-Eligible)
The mission of Capital One's Cyber Intelligence is to leverage cyber threat intelligence for good. The team's mission is to counter, disrupt and mitigate cyber adversaries targeting Capital One customers, associates, infrastructure and brand. We are looking for a Cyber Threat Researcher who is able to apply systems thinking and engineering techniques to accurately emulate, detect, and predict cyber threats and adversary intentions.
You have a growth mindset when it comes to maintaining expertise and knowledge in threat adversary trends and technologies. We are looking for someone who takes a forward leaning, innovative approach to problem solving, with passion for solving problems at Capital One scale and the desire to collaborate across functional teams. Responsibilities:
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity. Basic Qualifications:
- Create mechanisms to "connects the dots" between different spaces in order to combine multiple detection signals that automatically highlight cyber threats across fraud and advanced threat activities
- Maintain industry-wide expertise of the current cyber threat landscape and attack vectors
- Synthesize disparate sets of data from sources such as malware, cyber attack patterns, closed and open-source intelligence to inform instrumentation and detections
- Build productive relationships with internal teams to contextualize, influence and inform across Capital One's business
- Communicate investigative outcomes and conclusions to a variety of audiences, including company senior leadership and business partners
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 8 years of experience working in cybersecurity or information technology performing incident response, threat hunting, threat intelligence, forensics, or offensive security
- At least 5 years of experience in conducting investigations into cyber-enabled fraud, cybercrime, or advanced persistent threats
- At least 3 years of experience with cyber threat intelligence threat frameworks (the Lockheed Martin Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, MITRE ATT&CK, Defense, Engage)
- At least 3 years of experience in programming or scripting (Python, Perl, PHP, PowerShell)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience with public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 3+ years of experience in a highly regulated industry (financial sector, financial technology healthcare, ICS, technology)
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $230,100 - $262,700 for Sr Manager, Cyber Technical
San Francisco, California (Hybrid On-Site): $243,800 - $278,200 for Sr Manager, Cyber Technical
Remote (Regardless of Location): $195,000 - $222,600 for Sr Manager, Cyber Technical
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).