Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Manager, Product Manager- Enterprise Payments
Capital One's Enterprise Payments team is defining the roadmap that will enable the company's overall digital payments strategy, modernizing existing payment types and introducing the latest innovations. In an industry rooted in mainframe systems and batch processes, we are driving toward a cloud-based, API/microservice architecture and real-time data environment. The world is moving toward faster, flexible payments and Capital One is on a journey to redefine our payment experiences.
The Senior Manager, Product Manager for the Enterprise Payments team plays a critical role in achieving our goals. This is a highly collaborative role, where the individual will work closely with a team of product managers as well partnering with engineers, data scientists, operations, and business partners to transform the payment experience for all of our customers, ranging from consumer to small business to commercial personas. Through this collaboration, the individual will shape the platform roadmap and define shared capabilities that can be scaled across multiple payment types.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with product teams, architects, and technology partners to create a game changing user experience in the payments industry
- Work closely with business partners across the enterprise to ensure the payment platform functionally solves their needs in the agreed upon timelines for implementation
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, and thought leader in the payments area
What you'll need to be successful:
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Appreciation of the payments industry and the evolution that is currently unfolding
- Analytical problem solver who can clearly identify, analyze, and resolve issues as they arise
- Collaborative team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization
- Execution focused - Results-oriented with a "can do" attitude and a drive for action
- Enthusiastic, knowledgeable and passionate around agile product management, with the goal of delivering breakthrough consumer experiences
- Proven experience executing a transformational product strategy while successfully tackling ambiguity independently
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and passion for emerging technologies and how they are used to empower developers and businesses to deliver great products
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences
- At least 4 years of digital industry experience for consumers
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3+ years of experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
- 1+ years of experience in People Leadership
- 2+ years of payments related work experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).