Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, User Experience Design
The Experience Design team at Capital One is at the forefront of enriching our users' digital and physical experiences. We champion a thriving environment of collaboration, authenticity and healthy critique, in which we honor diversity of thought, create a culture of belonging, and elevate one another. If you're an innovator and storyteller who embraces an environment where you can experiment, learn, and change banking for good, we would love to hear from you.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a UX/UI Design leader who is passionate about delivering creative design solutions. We are coming up with new ideas to create elegant and delightful customer experiences as well as defining processes and systems that enable them to come to life in a way that pushes the current capabilities of UI and, specifically, native mobile platforms and devices.
You'll be asked to handle a variety of responsibilities, including:
Collaboration & Influence:
- Influencing design, product, and engineering leadership across the enterprise and decisions impacting how we design, build, and ship software
- Collaborating closely with Design, Product, and Engineering leaders to drive decisions related to our design system and its accompanying code
- Leading workshops to engage and build alignment across different partners and teams
- Championing prioritization of design-centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis
- Connecting with design and developer community peers by learning, sharing, and teaching.
- Working with partners and teams across various geographies
- Embracing and advocating for an experience mindset - this is as important to the work as the results
Discovery & Delivery
- Leading early product definition by working with partners to facilitate discovery sessions that uncover customer pain points and opportunities
- Demonstrating familiarity with the design and engineering process to deliver concepts and enable successful collaboration across teams
- Contributing to architectural and systemic decisions that solve problems for end users
- Working with product design by:
- Framing problems, leveraging insights, and defining design approaches to serve customer needs
- Leading strategic work as opportunities arise
- Working within existing - and creating new - standards and strategies to contribute to our internal design system, best practices, and guidelines including accessibility standards
- Storytelling and presenting design and engineering concepts to executive stakeholders
- Define approaches to prototype, build with Engineering, and QA user interfaces
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of experience in UX/UI-related design roles
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience designing for cross channel experiences
- Experience working with a senior business and technology partners
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools, such as Adobe Products and Figma
- Familiarity with translating Design Strategy into actionable roadmaps for design teams
- Familiarity with working and contributing to an established design system
- Experience managing and directing a cross-functional team on large-scale customer experience projects
- Track record of delivering high quality customer experience work from concepting stage to in market solutions
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $228,500 - $260,800 for Director, Design
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).