West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Associate, Accounting - Regulatory Reporting
Capital One has an exciting opportunity within the Regulatory Reporting team. We are looking for someone with strong analytical, collaboration, and communication competencies with the ability to multitask and prioritize diverse and time-sensitive tasks. This role will assist with preparation, analysis, and reporting by ensuring accurate and timely data sourcing and analysis for monthly and quarterly financial information submitted to U.S. regulators
The Senior Associate role will gain a deep understanding of Capital One's products, funding sources, capital structure and corresponding risk and liquidity profiles relative to regulatory reporting requirements. In addition, as regulatory reporting requires data from across the enterprise, this role will be exposed to multiple systems and processes leveraged to source and consume data for financial reporting. You will be surrounded by intellectually curious professionals every day, all with the goal of creating a seamless, well managed regulatory reporting and analytics process. Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review schedules supporting significant financial regulatory filings submitted to U.S. regulators
- Ensure compliance with regulatory reporting and documentation standards, proper execution of internal controls, and maintain ongoing audit readiness.
- Engage with upstream data providers and other teams across finance and the lines of business to ensure the integrity of data and information reported.
- Establish and maintain reconciliation procedures and analytics to ensure completeness and accuracy of data submitted and reported to regulators and the public.
- Work closely with accounting, treasury, and technology partners across lines of business in the identification, quantification, and resolution of issues.
- Build collaborative relationships with multiple partners to understand trends, products, and changes that may impact data sourcing, analysis, and reporting.
- Perform detailed analysis and testing to support implementation of new products, business transactions, and changes in regulatory reporting requirements.
- Support enterprise-wide data transformation, automation, and process and control improvement initiatives for the end-to-end data sourcing to reporting process.
- Stay current and engaged in evolving industry and regulatory changes.
- Bachelors' degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of accounting experience, or finance experience, or audit experience, or a combination
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least 1 year of experience in the Financial Services industry
- At least 1 year of experience with Data Analytics or in Data Visualization or a combination
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).