West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Associate, Supplier Management - Card Association Management (Card)
A Senior Associate, Supplier Management is responsible for tactical support, coordination and risk management logistics for complex Capital One third party relationships which may reach across business areas and divisions to understand and fulfill the needs of our Lines of Business (LOBs). Relationship Management at Capital One is a key function for the company that requires an attention to detail that is second to none as we seek to maximize efficiencies when working with third parties.
We believe that by building a team of subject matter experts, we can deliver additional value leveraging our supplier relationships by driving innovative solutions that enhance customer experience in a quality-controlled environment.
As part of the Card Association Management (CAM) team, you will:
- Become a subject matter expert in the area of third party supplier management and third party supplier operations including: managing supplier quarterly releases; unexpected supplier outages; and on call support (availability could include after hours)
- As the liaison for internal stakeholders you will help identify operational needs to support interactions and escalations
- Perform quality assurance work across multiple supplier engagements
- Seek to continuously improve the delivery of operational complexities
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to changing demands
- Document key activities to fulfill audit functions in conjunction with third party requirements
- Designated performer on other projects as assigned
We want you if you are:
- Eager to grow This is a great opportunity to work with a strong mentor and grow your career
- Intellectually Curious You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges
- Do-er You're biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals. You're well organized, able to multitask and able to prioritize your work
- Passionate & Customer Focus You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs
- Learner You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when the time comes to ask for help
- Team Player You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal; you have the ability to put the team before yourself and establish long-lasting relationships
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of project or process management experience
- At least 1 year of supplier management, vendor management, operations management, procurement, relationship management, or risk management experience
- At least 2 years of Project Management experience
- At least 1 year of experience understanding data and analytics
- Third Party Management certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).