ERP International, LLC is seeking a Licensed Vocational / Practical Nurse for a full-time position supporting the Branch Health Clinics at Camp Pendleton, CA.
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, and Health Savings Account available!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Monday - Friday 0600-1600 - 8, 9 or 10 hour shifts depending on the departments needs
No Holidays or Weekends!
Job Specific Responsibilities and Tasks: Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Initiate, perform and complete assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations.
• Complete assigned patient care based on the patients' conditions, use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments, and accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information.
• Observe, identify and respond to the patient's needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education.
• Prepare and administer prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and perform treatments according to established policies/procedures.
• Recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
• Perform support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient's condition before, during, and following the procedure.
• Orient peers and ancillary personnel to unit policies and procedures, skills, and standards of practice.
• Integrate healthy work environment principles that result in improved patient healthcare delivery, education of patients and their families and employee satisfaction.
Additional LPN/LVN- Duties.
• The HCW shall provide services within the scope of their competencies and the applicable duties provided in the basic contract, and the following:
• Utilize available automated programs and information technology, communication and management tools for proactive patient management and to facilitate patient engagement and enhance patient experience (i.e., MHS Genesis , TSWF, CarePoint and Patient Portal Secure Messaging).
• Communicate with patients utilizing asynchronous Secure Messaging (i.e., MHS Genesis Patient Portal) to improve communication and facilitate care through non-traditional means.
• Participate in MHP/MCMH Team huddles/meetings each day to review scheduled appointments, identify MHP/MCMH Team requirements (i.e., supplies and equipment and staff support issues related to the day's scheduled appointments) and scheduled patient requirements (i.e., scrubbing the schedule to identify diagnostic procedures or medical readiness requirements that may be ordered or prepared before the patient appointment).
• Prepare patient electronic health record and other appropriate forms prior to patient's appointment
• Assist the MCMH team in managing many aspects of patient's care: referrals, hospitalizations, Emergency Room (ER) visits, ancillary testing and other as directed to achieve optimum outcomes in safe and cost effective manner.
• Develop/distribute lists of community resources available to patients.
• Establish and maintains a relationship with consulting providers, hospitals, ERs and other frequently utilized healthcare resources to serve as a bridge across the continuum for the patient.
• Coordinate consult/referral/ follow-up/tracking process for the practice.
• Coordinate continuity of care with patient to ensure compliance.
• The HCW shall provide services within the scope of their competencies and the applicable duties provided in the basic contract, and the following administrative duties. The HCW shall not perform administrative duties more than 30% of their duty time.
• The HCW shall provide the following Medical Home Port Care Team functions:
• Provide care coordination for the beneficiaries assigned to the Medical Home Port Team utilizing evidenced-based clinical practice guidelines, regulations, manuals, reports and actively engages patients in their health care.
• Review details and expectations regarding referrals with patients.
• Provide support to patients and other healthcare professionals for patients receiving care services outside the MHP team to include assistance with making appointments, communication and information transfer between health care professionals, the patient and family (ensure knowledge/information transfer goes both ways between MHP team and patient) and assisting with problem resolution.
• Promote team awareness and patient safety by monitoring and tracking referral status and results, sharing such information and any subsequent plan of care with patients/family/MHP team and ensures that patients receive appropriate follow-up care and help in understanding results, treatment recommendations and plan of care.
• Promote team awareness and patient safety by monitoring and tracking the enrolled population for hospital admissions and emergent/urgent care utilization, making contact with the patient, ensuring dissemination of relevant clinical information (treatment records and discharge summaries) and provides follow-up support and care coordination.
• Track and ensure smooth transitions by assisting patients and families as the patient moves from one care setting to another, such as from hospital to home and from one healthcare professional to another.
• Provide follow-up post referral, transition or study.
• Provide care management services for the high-risk enrolled population.
• Degree: Certificate
• Education: Be a graduate from a Licensed Practical Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or be a graduate from an accredited program accepted by the applicable State Board of Nursing or a training program accepted by the MTF
• Experience: Possess a minimum of one year of full-time clinical experience within the last two years as an LPN/LVN
• Licensure:Current, full, active and unrestricted license as a practical or vocational nurse
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.
* Life Support Certification: Possess a current AHA OR ARC BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
Pay Scale: $25.10 - $40.00 per hour, to be determined based on qualifications, experience, and location