Linking Instruction Nurturing Knowledge (LINK) Club is an ACPS afterschool program funded by the U.S. Department of Education 21st Century Community Learning Center (CCLC) that serves disadvantaged ACPS elementary students and their families. LINK Club is designed to prepare participating students for the challenges and opportunities of today and tomorrow by addressing their comprehensive needs through a whole-child approach. LINK Club provides outcome-based, year-round academic support, project-based enrichment, field trips and family engagement opportunities to the participating students.
LINK Club Room Leads will be responsible for maintaining the afterschool classroom order; performing program clerical tasks; and monitoring student behavior during program hours. Applicants should be available to work at LINK Club sites within the community Monday-Friday from 3:00-6:00pm. Room Leads will report to the LINK Club Program Coordinator.
LINK Club Afterschool Support Staff will report to the LINK Club Program Site Coordinator at Brent Place Apartments where programming takes place. Salary:
Part-time hourly rate $30 per hour
*This is a grant-funded part-time position through 21st CCLC funding. Preferred Experience/Skills:
- Experience working with diverse, special needs, immigrant, EL and/or economically disadvantaged students
- Experience in an afterschool or other educational environment
- Working with students with special education needs (behavior management and support).
- Welcomes students daily and takes attendance
- Implements community circles and enrichment activities/projects
- Manages student behavior to provide a safe and optimal learning environment
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. accidents, fights, inappropriate social behavior, violations of rules, safety conditions, etc.) to LINK Club Coordinator
- Provides verbal feedback and/or written documentation to inform teacher(s) and/or parents of students' progress
- Treats children with dignity and respect, and meet the needs of individual children with awareness of their interests, special talents and needs, cultural background, and individual learning styles
- Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, etc.) in support of teachers and/or LINK Coordinator
- Attend all mandatory meetings and or professional developments
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or required to comply with 21st CCLC grant
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
TBD Salary Range:
$30.00 - $30.00 / Per Hour Shift Type: