The LINK Club Support Staff position will support the requirements of the ACPS 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) grant sites and the ESSER sites at various locations (both schools and community based locations in Alexandria, Virginia. The LINK Club is designed to provide high-quality after-school and summer program services for ACPS students and family engagement programs. This position will be responsible for administrative work and help with the family engagement planning and implementing of events/workshops. This position reports to the Manager of Out of School Time (LINK Club) programs. QualificationsEducation:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience Certificates & Licenses:
Job Hours and Length of Position:
- This position is funded through September 1 st , 2024.
- This position requires the employee to work multiple evening time shifts. This includes up to 3 evenings per week (varies depending on week and calendar of events). The following is an example of the work week schedule:
Tuesday: 12:00-5:00 pm
Wednesday: 2:30-8:30 (an event day)
Thursday: 12:00-5:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 -3:00 pm
For days without an evening event, time can be flexed towards an earlier start and end time as agreed upon with the supervisor. Experience:
- Experience working with families and the various pieces of the educational ecosystem- school staff, leadership, community partners and community members
- (Preferred) Experience with Out of School Time or similar educational programs
- Planning events
- Data management and administrative experience
- Working knowledge of best practices in education, youth development and/or out-of-school programs
- Demonstrated passion for working with children in a learning environment
- Cultural-responsiveness/understanding of community served
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Professionalism and ability to remain calm and maintain personal work ethics/integrity at all times
- Well-organized, thorough, and highly reliable/dependable
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products, CANVA, or other software used for management of files
- Manage and update designated LINK site files
- Communicate and follow up with identified LINK Club site coordinators on enrichment schedules and rosters
- Support inputting data in designated OST database management systems including TransAct.
- Support gathering and implementation of operational tasks, such as fire drills and other monitoring aspects of the site
- Maintain site inventory protocols, program supplies and equipment
- Support Out of School Time team with data entry and event planning
- Work on tasks with the Manager of Out of School Time to support implementation of the program.
- Connect with LINK Club families before any family engagement LINK Club event, workshop and/or other activity to support engagement and attendance
- Serve as the onsite LINK Club ACPS family engagement team member at assigned events, workshops and/or other activities
- As the onsite LINK Club family engagement staff onsite during events, workshops and other identified activities, support requirements such as attendance taking, survey dissemination and gathering, refreshment receipt recording and other logistics aligned with this area
- Nurture strong relationships with LINK Club families through various outreach and in person methods established collaboratively with the FACE and Out of School Time teams
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
TBD Salary Range:
$30.00 - $30.00 / Per Hour Shift Type: