Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Risk Manager, Access Management
The Commercial Bank Risk Office
is looking for a Risk Manager
to join the Access Management Risk Team
. Our team is focused on providing advisory, consulting and governance services to partners to help maintain a well-managed Access Management environment, while ensuring we build a strong risk posture to minimize our overall risk footprint.
As a Risk Manager in this space, a common day could include advising and making recommendations to business and tech partners, overseeing application and user lifecycle controls, supporting the onboarding of applications to Capital One's Identity Lifecycle Tool, managing certification campaigns and much more. What would make you successful?
- You enjoy working in a role that is fast-paced and both strategic and tactical in nature
- You have a passion for Identity & Access Management, Compliance and Risk Management
- You have excellent customer service / relationship management skills
- You enjoy working as both an individual and team contributor
- You have excellent time management skills and are used to meeting/exceeding rigorous goals & objectives
- You have excellent communication skills (written & verbal), and can influence multiple levels up
- You are a team player, willing to shift priorities on a whim to support the overall mission
- You bring new ideas to the table and challenge the status quo
- You are digitally curious, with a drive to learn more about technology
- Serve as a subject matter expert, identifying existing and emerging Access Management risks
- Collaborate and partner across the Commercial Bank Line of Business (LOB), Commercial Tech and Cyber to drive a comprehensive Access Management risk agenda
- Lead various risk engagements, demonstrating a well-managed program (control testing, process level assessments, risk assessments, audit responses, etc.)
- Thoughtfully interpret policies, standards procedures and guidelines to assess impact on the Access Management practices within the Commercial Bank
- Manage the Commercial Bank's Access Control Portfolio by ensuring proper coverage of risk, proactively identifying opportunities to enhance controls creating the guidance to enable control execution and by advising teams on control adherence
- Develop reporting and metrics to monitor risk and progress against objectives
- Develop and present details related to access risk, program initiatives & status and other significant events and activities related to the Commercial Bank's Access Risk during community/operating forums
- Identify opportunities to reduce Access Management risk and develop creative solutions to automate associate access
- Analyze data, make recommendations and drive conversations to influence the onboarding of applications to Capital One's Identity Lifecycle Management tool
- Partner with LOBs and Technology Teams to work towards quick resolution of all major issues and escalations related to Access Management processes and practices
- Maintain a strong focus and perspective on risk to ensure the Commercial Bank and Capital One applications/processes/systems are well-managed
- Create, Analyze and present complex datasets in a meaningful and user-friendly manner
- Foster a culture of openness, collaboration and continuous improvement
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Access Management
- At least 3 years of experience in Risk Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 1+ years of Relationship Management experience
- 1+ years of Process or Project Management experience
- 1+ years of experience in an Agile environment
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).