Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Business Manager, Alerts - Capital One Shopping (Remote-Eligible) Within Capital One, the Shopping team is working on a new consumer product that seeks to change the way people buy things online. We believe that no matter where you shop, it should be easy to buy things at the best price. We are a fast-paced, get-stuff-done team solving a difficult problem in a unique way. We're focused on scaling our products to millions of customers and refining the experience to create a product that customers and partners can't live without. Capital One Shopping is looking for a Business Analysis Manager to join us on our mission to make sure our customers never miss compelling discounts on the products and services they care about. Our team's mission is to make sure our customers never miss compelling discounts on the products and services they care about. Your responsibility will be to scale and optimize alerts that will reach millions of customers with the right offer at the right time in the right channel. We're looking for a self-starter who is excited by white space, data-backed problem-solving. You will analyze data to find new opportunities, lead the creative agenda for our customer-facing content, and work directly with engineers in a rapid test-and-learn development environment. This role is an opportunity to own the bottom-up development of a product that is truly valuable to user success. Responsibilities:
Who We're Looking For
- Launch tests and analyze results to develop a best-in-class experience that users value
- Serve as the subject matter expert in your product space with a deep understanding of user values and intent
- Own day to day setting and monitoring of KPIs utilizing strong SQL/data analysis skills
- Become an expert on the e-commerce marketplace, understanding where we stand relative to competitors
- Gather as much data as possible to understand users' shopping journeys, identifying pain points where new products can create value
- Dive deep into the data to analyze user intent and merchant offerings, identifying opportunities to drive incremental user savings
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to bring new products to life
- Develop, manage, and execute a product agenda
- You love to ship products and projects that drive impact and business value
- You are interested in launching dynamic notifications and becoming a performance marketing expert
General Responsibilities :
- You enjoy teaching yourself new skills and driving whatever aspect of a project is needed to succeed
- You're excited to pull your own data, build your own business models, and do your own mockups
- You take personal responsibility for the productivity and results of any team you are a part of
- You are passionate about improving how product development teams all work together
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory demands
- Leadership: May manage and develop 1-2 analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Product: Develop and implement new product and pricing strategies for various lending products; lead product level modeling/analytics
- Marketing: Lead direct-to-consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through the retail channel. Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in analysis
- 2+ years of experience in financial services
- 1+ year of experience in consulting
- 2+ years of experience in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City:
$160,200 - $182,800 for Business Manager
San Francisco, California:
$169,700 - $193,700 for Business Manager
Remote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington:
$135,700 - $154,900 for Business Manager
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).