West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Director, Design, Enterprise Design System
As a part of the Enterprise Consumer Product team, we are responsible for building all the foundational digital customer experiences for our company along with building the associate facing platforms that power these experiences. We are currently seeking a Sr. Director of Design to lead our Enterprise Design System to create standards and guidelines that the entire Design and Tech org can leverage to build iconic and brand-defining digital experiences. You will lead an established team across product strategy, design quality, experience insights and design operations helping them to successfully build and maintain the enterprise design system for the organization.
As the Head of the Enterprise Design System, you will also operate as a strategic leader at the intersection of business, customer, and associates experience to define compelling forward-looking customer experiences while providing a superior associate experience for our design and engineering teams. And you'll do it all in a collaborative environment that encourages you to build relationships, influence partners, take on new responsibility, and promote continuous learning.
What You'll Do:
- Provide creative direction leadership to the design craft and execution of the design system
- Build and lead a dedicated team that builds a world class enterprise design system for our organization
- Measure and communicate how the design system drives business results and help our partners imagine the possibilities with adoption
- Build strategy and roadmap to influence and help Lines of Business teams adopt the design system at scale
- Build successful contribution models that empower Line of Business teams to contribute back to the design system
- Craft compelling stories grounded in data and rigorous insights to influence senior and executive partners across the company
- Provide perspective and subject matter expertise to the technology side of the design system
- Manage internal stakeholder and partner relationships
- Embrace and advocate an experience mindset with our teams and partners - this is as important to the work as the results
- Manage and coach high potential associates, including actively crafting a vision for their roles and their success
- Resiliently lead teams through change
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Experience in leading a design system team at scale
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional partner relationship management and influencing skills
- Exceptional in both design craft and technology frameworks
- Proficiency in business case development in whitespace thinking - communicating analysis, customer trends, opportunity, and business impact grounded in insights
- Exceptional people management and development skills
- Exceptional workshop and meeting facilitation skills
- Fantastic interpersonal skills, with experience influencing senior decision making
Basic Qualifications (keep in tact)
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 12+ years professional experience in design
- Master's degree or advanced Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Behavioral Science, or related field
- 10+ years experience in a leadership role leading Customer Experience, Product Design, Research, or Design Operations teams, or a combination
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $267,300 - $305,100 for Sr. Director, Design
San Francisco, California (Hybrid On-Site): $283,100 - $323,100 for Sr. Director, Design
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).