Summary Sr. Training and Development Specialist San Deigo, CA / Remote
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers with trusted insights into Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
In this key role, you will provide support to the U.S. Naval Warfare Center Training System Division (NAWCTSD). NAWCTSD provides research, testing, evaluation, and acquisition of training systems for all branches of the US Military.
The Sr. Training & Development Specialist
shall provide subject matter expertise for the operation, employment, maintenance, or repair of systems, subsystems, or equipment related to military training systems. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As an Sr. Training & Development Specialist
within our NAWCTSD
team, you will:
- Assure the technical and operational accuracy of the subject matter undergoing training product development.
- Support the Instructional Systems Analysts in identifying/validating training requirements.
- Support the Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychologist in developing human performance metrics.
- Develop target audience learning profiles.
- Provide technical expertise in developing straw man task lists to expedite the task analysis process.
- Guide the conduct of task analysis workshops.
- Support the Instructional Systems Analyst in determining the most appropriate courseware presentation and media for the subject matter.
- Provide consultation concerning the level of difficulty of assessment items.
- Develop POA&M(s), research designs and strategies, and progress reports and prepare final reports.
- Serve as an advisor and consultant to various NAWCTSD Orlando acquisition functions and other Navy and DoD organizations on matters relating to instructional technologies and methodologies.
- Communicate with professionalism, in the field of military and industrial training and transfer the advances in instructional technology for collecting and evaluating data to assigned tasks.
- Provide guidance for meetings and conferences to coordinate research efforts and to provide an interface with other technical codes of NAWCTSD Orlando and other training activities ad agencies.
- Complete annual company and customer training requirements according to established policies and procedures.
- Record labor hours daily in an online corporate system.
- Travel up to 50% as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED and 16+ years of experience OR
- Associate degree and 14+ years of experience OR
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of experience
- Master's degree preferred
- Applicable experience must be in human behavior studies and DoD training
- Navy training preferred
- Secret clearance is required to start.
How you'll grow
- Must have the ability to attend all customer in-person meetings and conferences within two (2) hours, as requested.
- Possess the ability to coordinate and integrate the work activities of several different projects at any one time.
- Possess the ability to communicate with others effectively both orally and in writing.
- Advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and accountability.
- Possess strong problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC Estimated Salary/Wage
Up to USD $85,000.00/Yr.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program