Summary Director of Business Development Ft. Huachuca, AZ
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega IT Enterprise Services (CITES) offers forward-thinking technology solutions to federal agencies and the DoD. Formed in 2016 to serve federal customers CONUS, CITES has grown quickly into a best practices leader for the modern federal enterprise.
The Director of Business Development
is responsible for the identification, qualification, win strategy development, shaping, and support of proposal development activities leading to the successful capture of new business. Responsibilities
- Definetargetmarkets, identify, and qualify new business opportunities for pipeline development/refresh
- Developmarketstrategy; establish a supporting qualified pipeline, create, track schedule, and report progress status to executive management
- Develop external relationships with both future customers (govt.) and develop partnerships (industry) through strategic/planned direct and indirect outreach and communication plans.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate opportunity and customer information within the enterprise CRM/Pipeline systems
- Leadstrategic development, capture, and opportunity development for target markets
- EffectivelydriveBD/capturepursuitsthrough capture,gate,price, and reviews
- Document lessons learned throughout the opportunity lifecycle post win or loss Analyze results and make corrective actions to improve future bid performance.
- Leadlarge strategic bids, and task order bids, including assembling required resources, building winning teams, coordinating proposal resources, and opportunity-specific solutioning efforts
- Collaborate with MIOS BDO, team members, operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position for successful opportunity pursuits
- Gather, assess, and validate customer requirements working with partners and other BD resources and leads
- Responsible and accountable for maturing and advancing opportunities to achieve or surpass the required probability of win
- Translaterequirementsintorobustwinstrategy,carefullytestedandvalidated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Classifythewinprobability,funding probability, and bid/performance risks and establish appropriate risk management strategies
- Drivedevelopment and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development
- Support proposal teams by assisting with the development of compliant, compelling bids
- Ensure integrity of win strategy through support for color reviews and competitive assessments
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BS/BAdegree in business, technical, or professional field of study
- Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years of federal, military, and/or business development experience in the Department of Defense or within the Intelligence Community; a combination of experience preferred
- Expert experience developing and supporting large-scale federal procurements of up to 100M, including pricing and acquisition approaches, greater than 100M preferred
- Expert experience in federal contracting, procurement, and pricing processes and strategies
- Expert experience supporting solutions under all contract structures; emphasis on TOs
- Expert knowledge of the federal acquisition lifecycle from inception to award; experience working with federal procurement officials at all levels within agencies, departments, and industry partners
- Demonstratedexperienceinstreets in high-stress,multitaskingenvironmentssupportingcomplexrequirementsandteamsof stakeholders
- Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI eligibility
How you'll grow
- Ability to buildconsensustoachieveobjectiveswithindeadlines
- Abilitytoquicklyassess,understand,andexecuteBDoperationsusinga diverse set of marketintelligencetools,includingVantagePoint, MSO365,andUSGprocurementresources
- Abilitytobuild,develop,andleada multifaceted business development team and supportoperationalcaptureteams/stakeholdergroupsexecutingcapture,bothinternalandexternal
- Ability to collaborate and build partnerships externally with industry partners to effectively create winning strategies and bids in a competitive environment
- Proficientabilityin capture management based on industry best practices with demonstrated proficiency in qualifying opportunities
- Ability to identify emerging market trends and make strategy recommendations to the executive team
- Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate and USG agency or department structure
- Abilityto travel as needed
- Ability to periodically work nights, weekends, and holidays as required to meet deadlines
- Excellentinterpersonal,solving problem-solving,andbusinessacumen
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We believe there's always room to learn from entry-level employees to senior leaders.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to our relationships with our clients, team members, and communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC Teleworking Permitted?
Yes Estimated Salary/Wage
Up to USD $150,000.00/Yr.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program