ERP International is seeking full-time Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to support Labor and Delivery at the Eglin Hospital at Eglin AFB, Fort Walton Beach, FL.
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces!
Connect With Us! Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, Health Savings Account available, STD, LTD and Life Insurance! and more!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPNs) will work 7 shifts per pay period. Shifts will be 12 hours with a 30-minute lunch break. LPNs will rotate every four (4) months from shifts; however, schedules may vary to accommodate demand. Duty hours will be scheduled by the Labor and Delivery Flight Commander, or designee, to correspond with the needs of the department. Shifts times are Days (0545 - 1815) and Nights (1745 - 0615).
Job Specific Details and Tasks:
• Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
• Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the MTF.
• Perform physical exam and health histories.
• Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
• Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
• Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
• Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
• Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
• Shall assess patients, including assess/evaluate need telephonically and recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
• Shall collect and assess significant patient history information and perform all necessary patient teaching.
• Shall communicate patient/family education and telephone triage of patients.
• Shall provide timely responses to telephone and in-person assessment/evaluation include the determination of optimal time and location for patient management (ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required.
• Shall perform/assist with procedures such as injections, IV medications/infusions, administration of oxygen, visual acuity tests, EEGs, EKGs, phlebotomy and other clinic specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols. Shall make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
• Shall demonstrate skill in setting up, operating, and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other clinic specific equipment.
• Shall prescribe and communicate treatment plans and patient teaching in accordance with established protocols.
• Shall address patient expectations and requirements, establishes level of need and priority of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Shall coordinate patient care with community health agencies and social programs. Shall facilitate continuity of care for patients. Has knowledge of a wide variety of resource agencies available in the military treatment system to ensure proper and expedient referral of the patient and/or family member.
• Shall clean and store equipment properly at the end of each work shift. Shall ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
• Shall perform administrative duties that may include maintaining statistical records of his or her clinical workload, participating in medical educations programs, and participating in quality improvement functions and other duties as prescribed by the Flight Commander.
• May be asked to participate/direct committees, programs or clinical services directly related to area of clinical responsibility or privileges.
• Shall attend and participate in meetings, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: quality improvement meetings, professional staff meetings, commander's staff meetings, flight meetings, and other meetings required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by the flight Commander or his/her designated representative.
• Shall possess knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing pediatric, adolescent, and adults as appropriate. Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
• Shall possess basic knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions and disease processes across the lifespan, as appropriate.
• Shall possess knowledge of preventive health schedules, procedures, processes, and education methods.
• Shall possess basic knowledge of disease management and population health principles.
• Shall possess knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
• Shall possess basic knowledge of operating a wide variety of medical equipment/non-medical equipment to ensure patient and staff safety, proper equipment maintenance and accessibility.
• Shall possess basic knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient's condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
• Shall possess ability to acquire and use basic computer skills to enter patient data and extract patient's information, from a variety of sources to include Genesis, Essentris, ASIMS, AMWITS, Humana TRICARE, and Integrated Clinical Database (ICDB).
• Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
* Degree/Education: Shall be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing and have taken NCLEX-PN boards and passed.
* Experience: Employment in the nursing field within the last 12 months is mandatory and at least 2 years of active clinical nursing practice in an inpatient environment.
* Licensure: Active/unrestricted LPN/LVN license from any state.
* Life Support Certifications: Possess current ARC or AHA BLS certification. Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood pressure, Lab work, Emotional support program (S.T.A.B.L.E) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) will need to be completed within 6 months of hire.
* Certification: Contractor must provide documentation/certification of IV therapy training from one or more of the following educational alternatives: Post-graduate level course, Credit for Previous Education or Nontraditional Education
* Security: Possess ability to pass a background check/security clearance.