201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
Manager, Construction Risk Management and Architectural Engineering
The Construction Manager will be responsible for all real estate construction loan technical services for the division. This includes the review and approval plans, specifications, construction budgets, schedules and contracts. Also, the role would require the manager to perform in-house construction inspections, qualify and engage outside inspectors, review outside inspector's work and make spot field checks. The candidate is responsible for ensuring that the construction loan is properly underwritten and monitored with respect to the actual cost and physical construction of the project. The construction manager is responsible for ensuring the adequacy of project construction inspections which are a key element in protecting the bank's construction loan assets. Responsibilities:
- Review preliminary plans, specifications, and construction cost budgets with Account Officers as an integral part of the construction loan underwriting and approval process
- Review and accept final plans, specifications, and construction cost budgets as required under the terms of our construction loan commitments, as a key element in the loan closing and disbursement process
- Review and accept final plans, specifications, and construction cost budgets as required under the terms on the construction loan commitments. This is a key element in the loan closing and disbursement process
- Perform field inspections of work in process on construction loans designated for in-house inspections
- Provide written reports, as required under the Division's policies and procedures
- Review outside inspector's reports for completeness and accuracy, and compliance with Capital One's requirements
- Attend weekly Real Estate Staff Meetings
- Provide the monthly status report on construction loans to the Real Estate Department Manager
- Inspect properties representing collateral on construction loans in conjunction with annual credit reviews to provide a check of the physical condition of collateral
- Prepare the annual operating budget for the real estate construction services
- Qualify specific outside architects/engineers authorized to perform inspection services for the Bank
- Perform the periodic spot field inspections on outside inspectors to verify validity of reports and actual construction progress
- Review and amend Capital One Real Estate Documentation package in conjunction with the Division Manager and the Loan Administration Department to keep current and workable
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
- At least 3 years of experience within the architectural, engineering or construction industry
- At least 3 years of experience in the banking, financial services, or real estate construction industry
- At least 3 years of construction experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. #UWPM
- 5+ years of experience within the architectural, engineering or construction industry
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Los Angeles (incl. Newport Beach), California (Hybrid On-Site): $147,800 - $168,700 for Archtectral/Structural Egnr I
San Francisco, California (Hybrid On-Site): $156,700 - $178,800 for Archtectral/Structural Egnr I
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).