Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Financial Analyst - Card Association Management
The Card Services Finance team, within Card Finance, is seeking a Principal Financial Analyst to support the Card Association Management team (CAM). The CAM financial analyst is responsible for supporting all aspects of our credit card payment processing networks (Visa & Mastercard), including full ownership of network fees and benefits expense forecasting and reporting, as well as performing ad hoc analysis in support of interchange rate and product optimization and efficiencies within the space. This role includes data analysis, forecasting, and strategic partnership with the business, where storytelling on top of a deep understanding of the complex revenue and cost components of interchange and network expenses will be needed. The ideal candidate is someone who is analytically curious, enjoys financial analytics, and is excited to help drive an important and continually expanding aspect of the Card business.
As a Principal Financial Analyst, you will work for a company that invests in ways to tell stories, view trends, and diagnose results in a more compelling and visual nature. You will have the opportunity to partner with business customers on driving strategic business direction that leads to sustainable performance, and you will be asked to challenge our current well-managed processes to be more proactive, effective and efficient.
Principal Financial Analysts perform financial data analysis in preparing Profit & Loss or other statements and frequently build reports for higher level associates. They provide management and business clients with project statuses as well as perform reporting and analysis to support presentations and ad-hoc requests.
The role requires strong analytical, communication, problem solving, strategic thinking, and influencing skills in order to effectively:
- Conduct analysis and articulate outcomes and relevant insights
- Develop presentations to senior audiences to communicate insights and to influence business and financial outcomes
- Partner with business teams to assess the financial implications of ongoing and proposed efforts to optimize business performance
- Foster trusted business partnerships
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- Financial reporting and analysis, including budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, financial reporting, and Profit & Loss (P&L) management
- Coordinate and collect input data from Financial Analysts in different departments, check data integrity, summarize and convert data, run models, verify, analyze, and communicate output data
- Assist in development of business presentations to communicate analysis results to senior audiences; clearly articulate outcomes of analysis to leadership teams
- Independently manage and prioritize workload
- Address and deliver on ad-hoc requests and special projects, often in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrate a passion to learn and continuously develop FP&A and technical skills
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years' experience in financial analysis
- At least 3 years' experience with financial modeling
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 4+ years' experience in financial analysis
- 4+ years' experience with financial modeling
- 3+ years' experience in strategic analysis and planning
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and G Suite
- Demonstrated independent problem solving and strategic thinking abilities
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to positively contribute to overall success of the team
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).