802 Delaware Avenue (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
Manager, Accounting (Close & Consolidations) We are looking for a people oriented leader that is interested in working collaboratively in a fast paced financial services company to oversee our Close & Consolidation team. This person will be responsible for overseeing our consolidation process, providing technical and analytical guidance, and partnering with technology and upstream teams to ensure systems and processes are closed in accordance with our month end timelines. This role will also have the exciting opportunity to work with the broader Controller's organization to replace our current general ledger and consolidation tool with a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. We are looking for someone that can help us reimagine our existing close & consolidation processes while still ensuring processes are performed in a well controlled manner and results are aligned with US GAAP and internal policy expectations. Responsibilities:
- Oversee the consolidation of our financial statements, leveraging both managerial reporting and GAAP principles, including intercompany loan agreements, foreign currency translations, and reconciliation processes.
- Act as the central point of contact between shared systems, technology, and line of business accounting teams to ensure month end processes are completed and systems are closed.
- Lead team of two indirect reports and review work (journal entries, reconciliations, reporting deliverables, and close processes) performed by team.
- Oversee analytical reviews and validation processes.
- Lead close & consolidation function in Controllers' enterprise effort to replace our general ledger and consolidation tool with a new ERP system.
- Partner with teams across the Controllers Org in reimagining our general ledger and close & consolidation processes.
- Manage control processes for the Close & Consolidation team and engage with audit and compliance groups when necessary.
- Include, inspire, and empower the development of associates. Leverage expertise to support broader Controller's organization in understanding close & consolidation processes.
- Oversee communications and teams in support of special projects.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive workplace through day to day work and initiative engagement.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 Years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Audit or a combination
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) with a Finance concentration
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).