Senior SQL Server Database Administrator
Ft. Belvoir, VA Join our Talent Network
Senior SQL Server Database Administrator
Ft. Belvoir, VA
TheSenior SQL Server Database Administratorwill administer the Microsoft SQL Server production and databases and perform Windows system administration in support of the SQL Database environment. TheSenior SQL Server Database Administratorshall have the ability to follow and understand technical documents, strong troubleshooting skills, strong oral and written communication, and attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Microsoft SQL Server 2016, 2019, and above production and development databases and client interfaces.
- Configure and maintain security and settings on SQL Servers by best practices, Army policies, and DoD standards (Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)).
- Install, configure, and maintain SQL Server Failover Clusters.
- Research, test, and install SQL Server service packs and cumulative updates.
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot performance - SQL Server and database performance tuning.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and repair software and hardware issues.
- Create and maintain up-to-date documentation of SQL Server-related procedures and processes.
- Ensure 90% data availability of the production and development databases.
- Assess and deploy appropriate patches to the SQL Server database.
- Troubleshoot and resolve various problems concerning the production and development of enterprise databases.
- Plan, coordinate, and perform the backup, restoration, and recovery of production enterprise databases utilizing the SQL backup utilities.
- Monitor system storage and resolve storage issues affecting database performance.
- Provide input into plans for infrastructure growth.
- Identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities and risks concerning production databases.
- Operate and administer data warehouse systems.
- Administer and maintain all aspects of the production MS SQL Server and/or ORACLE, databases, and any updated software versions.
- Apply Microsoft updates to assigned servers to maintain OS security and integrity; update virus software as required.
- Check server event logs daily and resolve any issues.
- Provide technical support for critical database failures on a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week basis as defined in the local SOP and as directed by the COR.
- Maintain RMF-related artifacts and documents updated in eMASS.
- World Wide Web (WWW) Server Support.
- Provide, technical support for SharePoint Online, portal, and web collaboration access in the areas of systems administration. Web access shall be established via military NIPRNET and/or SIPRNET connectivity and other government-provided WAN connections. All-access to sensitive defense information will utilize the SSL and will require user authentication utilizing the DoD PKI.
- Follow Army directives in developing and deploying single sign-on technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in a related field
- 10+ years of directly relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Possess Baseline and Full Computing Environment Certifications for IAT-II IAW DoD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002. MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration Certification required.
- Windows Server Administration Fundamentals certification required.
- Secret clearance Tier 5 investigation required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledgeable of DISA STIGs for Windows Server and database servers (SQL Server and/or Oracle).
- Have experience with virtualized environments, specifically with VMware.
- Have experience with Transact structured query language (TSQL), including implementing STIG and custom solutions for index maintenance.
- Have extensive knowledge of and experience with MS Access (relational database) design to include database definitions, data models, form/reporting/dashboard creation, VBScript, skills currently used in support of RNEC-NCR Resource Management (Billing, Telephones, EKMS, etc.)
Join our Talent Network