Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide scientific programming for the Archive Implementation and Maintenance team
- Experienced with the process of documenting the interface and control of new environmental data projects in a manner that ensures the integrity and usability of the data over the entire lifecycle.
- Experience with projects to archival, implementation, and maintenance support for all aspects of the archive process from gathering requirements to formal readiness review.
- Converts scientific, engineering, and other technical problem formulations to formats that can be processed by computer.
- Resolves symbolic formulations, prepares flowcharts and block diagrams, and encodes resultant equations for processing by applying extensive knowledge of branch of science, engineering, or advanced mathematics, such as differential equations or numerical analysis, and understanding of capabilities and limitations of computer.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Works under general supervision.
- May lead and direct others.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- 4+ or more years of practical experience in the lifecycle management of earth in-situ and remote sensing environmental data records and products working under internationally accepted standards for trusted digital repositories .
- S in any of the earth sciences (i.e., Meterology, Oceanography, Geophysics), Library Science, or Data Science degree
- Public Trust
We are seeking a Software Engineer IV to join our team supporting NOAA National Center for Environmental Information (NCEI) Data Stewardship in Asheville, N.C.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
NCEI seeks software engineering support for Enhanced Data Access development and sustainment support team for maintaining and extensive portfolio of software, web application, and IT systems to facilitate searching, discovering, subsetting, and ordering from the largest collection of climate, oceanic, and geophysical data in the world.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Asheville, N.C.
- Type of environment: Office and Remote depending on client requirements
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Clearance requirement - Public Trust Eligible OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.