Summary Sr. Cybersecurity IT Specialist Washington, DC
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers trusted insights in Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
This role will support The U. S. Department of the Treasury as CABS provides Cybersecurity and complex IT systems support services. These services include cyber governance, policy, reporting, and performing enterprise risk assessments and management, including threat and vulnerability testing, developing, and maintaining risk management framework architecture, and the general oversight of Treasury Cybersecurity services. The primary goal of this venture is to provide innovative solutions and services necessary for the U.S. Department of the Treasury to secure and protect internal systems and associated sensitive business data which will result in improvements in efficiency, agility, innovation, and potential cost savings. As a valued member of the CABS team, you will play a vital role as we enable The U.S. Department of the Treasury to review all critical assets, systems, information, and data effectively and continuously, thereby achieving a better understanding of the threats facing their network.
The Senior Cybersecurity IT Specialist
shall provide a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and knowledge of the latest security standards, systems, and authentication protocols, as well as best practices. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a Senior Cybersecurity IT Specialist
within our HVA - United States Department of the Treasury
team, you will:
- Support assigned systems and work with various engineering, technology, and operations teams to define, explain, and implement security configuration controls.
- Work with technical leads to translate information into a risk mitigation strategy.
- Provide information to support policy decisions regarding The Treasury Department's cybersecurity framework.
- communicate specific cybersecurity concerns and provide solutions to incorporate effective measures against possible compromise as part of the organization's cybersecurity strategic plan.
- Research security standards, security systems, and authentication protocols.
- Provide technical supervision for and guidance to the ACIO/CS PMOs.
- Define and assist with the implementation and maintenance of security policies and procedures.
- Select and assist with the configuration of relevant types of common security hardware and software to implement a security policy.
- Lead the design and assist in the preparation of technical reports, studies, and related documentation, making charts and graphs to record results, and preparing and delivering presentations, training, and briefings as required.
- Management of IT security and IT risk (e.g., data systems, network, and/or web) across the enterprise.
- Address questions from internal and external audits and examinations.
- Facilitate IT security/risk training curriculum.
- Serve as project manager/lead within IT security projects.
- Complete annual company and customer-required training, as required.
- Complete the timesheet daily in the online system according to company policies and procedures.
- Travel up to 10% as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree
- Masters preferred
- 5+ years of senior-level technical expertise with specialized experience in cybersecurity and interoperability for complex hardware, software, and automated information systems is required
- CISSP required
- Public Trust is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a favorable Department of Treasury background investigation for the life cycle of the project
How you'll grow
- Must have knowledge, skills, and abilities in one or more of the following cybersecurity concepts, architecture principles, security of networks, applications and data, security implications, and adoption of evolving cyber technology.
- Experience in the subject matter at a similar size, scope, and complexity as required by this task order.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of cybersecurity architecture.
- Ability to capture high-level technical information clearly and concisely.
- Possess strong communication and organization skills.
- Be highly motivated, independent thinker, and team player, with a sense of urgency, and the ability to meet management and customer deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to capture high-level technical information in a clear, concise manner.
- Must have the ability to take and pass a drug test (the department may require drug screening for probable cause at any time).
- Must have the ability to attend all customer in-person meetings and conferences as requested.
- Must have the ability to communicate with others effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-stress, performance-based environment.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and accountability.
- Possess strong problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to travel 10% as required.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program