Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a senior subject matter expert in the areas of troubleshooting, configuring, and managing enterprise networks and network devices such as switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, encryptors, common routing protocols and telecommunications technologies.
- Provide expert technical guidance and support to the Government, Project Lead, and other Network Engineers in support of troubleshooting and managing the customer networks.
- Review the work of the other contractor personnel across the contract based on government standards and industry best practice and provide feedback and recommendations to the Project Lead.
- Maintain awareness of trends and best practices related to networks, technology and IT-related topics and provide recommendations to the Project Lead and Government on possible improvements or changes to customer systems and processes.
- Serve as an on-call escalation point for other network engineers when they are unable to resolve a ticket to provide advice and guidance on how to properly escalate or resolve a ticket.
- Provide excellent and professional customer service in all interactions.
- In coordination with other government and contractor personnel, complete the After-Action Review template and submit to the GPOC within 24 hours of the closure of any critical ticket.
- Top Secret security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree (preferred) in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related area
- At least 5 years of relevant Information Technology (IT) experience with specialization in networking technologies, specifically with Cisco switches and routers and resolving complex Local Area Network (LAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) issues.
- Expert knowledge of Internet Protocol (IP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Stateful firewalls and encryption technologies.
- Working knowledge of network management tools, such as Riverbed, Wireshark, Micro Focus Network Automation, etc.
- Working knowledge of web applications, web servers, application load balancers and storage systems. Must have good knowledge of general security tools and methodologies such as firewalls, Intrusion Detection Sensor (IDS)/Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) and access control lists.
We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team supporting the FBI's Information Technology Infrastructure Division.
TekSynap is a fast-growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Huntsville, AL
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Top Secret security clearance required OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.