Responsibilities & Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and design secure network solutions to consolidate or migrate connectivity services under an enterprise service.
- Partner with key stakeholders and technical experts to perform legacy environment discovery, assessing current capabilities, configurations, and unique requirements to develop a design and architecture leveraging approved design patterns.
- Design secure wide area connectivity inclusive of underlay, overlay, and COI transport design that supports performance, quality of service, security, and mission requirements.
- Provide secure access solutions leveraging wired and wireless technologies, integrating standards, use cases/scenarios, and develop associated implementation and transition plans.
- Integrate capacity planning and scaling of network and security stack environments into the overall design of solutions.
- Collect, investigate, and identify network optimization strategies and techniques to meet capacity and performance standards.
- Identify legacy service paths (i.e., dataflow, firewall rulesets, and ACLs) and develop strategies and designs for the to-be enterprise service capability to meet requirements while balancing security, sustainability, and maintainability.
- Support development of IP addressing schemes across IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- Work with information assurance teams to ensure compliance to DoD standards to assist with providing accreditation artifacts.
- Experience documenting logical or physical designs using drawing tools (e.g., Visio, PowerPoint, Gliffy, Cameo, MagicDraw) to depict systems, subsystems, interfaces, components, and communications of I/T applications and infrastructure.
- Experienced and comfortable with conducting technical troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Experience conducting site surveys or analyzing data obtained from site surveys.
- Experience creating or executing a migration plan to move circuits, network traffic, services, applications, or data between environments or to a commercial cloud provider. Alternatively, experience planning or executing a technology refresh or lifecycle refresh of an existing I/T system.
- Heavily experienced in upgrading and LCR of network devices.
- Must have broad exposure to common I/T infrastructure networking in the areas of LAN, WAN, TCP/UDP, IPSec, VPN, Proxies, Routing(L2/L3), and Firewalls.
- Must have experience in working with two or more of the following vender network technologies: Cisco, Juniper, F5, Aruba, Palo Alto, Dell, Brocade, and Fortinet.
- Demonstrate experience in designing and implementing medium to large network infrastructure and producing corresponding technical documentation.
- Must be able to work as part of a team to troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This shall include drafting SOPs and technical documentation.
- Must be able to present designs and plans to technical leadership personnel and boards for approvals.
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years' experience
- Master's degree with 6+ years of experience.
- DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification: Category IAT Level II
- IAT II:
- CCNA Security
- Security+ CE
- Network certification which shall meet or exceed a CCNA
- Clearance: Must possess an active Secret security clearance
- Demonstrate experience in one or more of the following enterprise network management tools such as PaloAlto Panorama, SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, Cisco DNA, What's Up Gold, or Junos Space.
- Experience in designing and implementing VTC solutions.
- Experience with ScienceLogic SL1 and/or SolarWinds.
- Hands on experience with SD-WAN.
- Demonstrate expertise in design and improvement of complex and geographically enterprise networks.
- Expert knowledge of DoD security requirements for network infrastructure.
- Demonstrate experience in system hardening of network infrastructure to include DoD STIG implementation.
- Certified Cisco Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent.
We are seeking a part time Senior Network Engineer to join our team supporting Defense Enclave Services (DES).
TekSynap is a fast-growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law, or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job InformationWORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Remote
- Type of environment: Remote
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. Part-time with hours dependent on operational need and are not guaranteed
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Secret clearanceOTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.