We are looking for amazing people to join our team of Direct Support Professionals. At Jubilee, we assist and support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in living independently. The ideal candidate must be creative, organized, tech-savvy, professional, flexible, innovative, and passionate about helping others.
Part-time and full-time positions available- $19.00/hour
Live-in opportunities are available with free rent- $20.00/hour
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Complete and maintain all required State mandated training such as Medication Technician Training Program (MTTP), CPR / First Aid, Mandt, and all state Developmental Disability Administration (DDA) core training.
- Provide transportation to and from activities if needed.
- Assist in the implementation of a Person-Centered Plan for the person/s receiving support.
- Assist the person/s you are supporting in the pursuit of recreational, social, and community activities. Also to promote and encourage participation in social and community outings based on their preferences.
- Works all assigned schedules, including but not limited to: arriving and departing on time, requesting time off in advance, and notifying your supervisor of changes to your assigned work schedule.
- Ensures every person receiving support rights are protected.
- Treats everyone with dignity and respect.
- High school diploma
- Experience is great but not required.
- Must be able to complete a Criminal Background report.
- Ability to push or pull up to 40 pounds at a time
- Have a driver's license and reliable transportation. Also, the ability to drive a company vehicle if needed.
- Intermediate computer skills are required, staff will use technology for daily documentation and to help the person receiving support to engage in their communities.
- COVID vaccination and booster is required (ADA or religious exemptions may apply)
- Being bilingual is a plus
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health Insurance, vacation, and sick leave, 10 paid holidays (FT direct support is paid double-time for working), tuition reimbursement or student loan assistance, $1000 annual professional development menu, paid parental leave, retirement, dental, short and long term disability, life insurance, 3 months extended paid time off after 10 years of full-time employment, periodic vacation reimbursement; wellness program, stipend for employee referrals, flexible spending account for qualified dependent care and medical costs, "Best deal" buying at DARCARS, employee assistance plan, voluntary vision coverage, and more.
Jubilee Association of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or religion.