Summary Civil Engineer (PE) Washington DC (Remote)
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Worldwide Support (CWS) is a premier provider of Architecture and Engineering support services to federal customers around the world. Founded in 2016 to support federal operations OCONUS, CWS holds true to its mission that no matter the location, we are there to get the job done.
Your contributions will deliver mission-driven support to NAVFAC to deliver quality, timely, and cost-effective products and services to enable the Global Warfighter.
The Civil Engineer (PE)
will assist NAVFAC WASH with the performance of civil engineering design and production support from project inception through construction. Responsibilities
As a Civil Engineer (PE)
within our Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command ( NAVFAC )
team, you will:
- Be familiar with both Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build delivery methods for projects.
- Provide technical leadership/mentorship to junior engineers/designers and review other civil engineers' work for code compliance and constructability.
- Address contractor submittals and requests for information (RFI's).
- Responsible for coordinating and reviewing all traffic engineering.
- Design and technical competence in developing complete construction documents, includingdrawings and specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills , and Abilities:
- Bachelor'sdegree in civil engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years of specialized experience in civil engineering schematic design anddesign development, including evaluation of new and existing facilities.
- Professional registration as a Licensed Civil Engineer. The license must be current and issuedby a United States of America state, Commonwealth, the District of Columbia, or a U.S.territory.
- 3+ years of experience with traffic engineering on a DoD installation.
- Interim Secret required.
How you'll grow
- Ability to estimate design effort and assist in negotiations with architectural engineering firms and General Contractors.
- Should have extensive knowledge of federal, state, and local codes.
- Ability to use AutoCAD Civil 3D and other design software, including but not limited toStormCad, TR55-HydroCad, HEC-HMS, PCASE, and Water Gems.
- Experience in site layout, airfield pavement, roadways, grading, drainage systems, erosion andsediment control, utilities, and stormwater management/low-impact development design.
- Ability to prepare and provide high-level briefs to senior leadership. Oral and written communication skills must be highly developed.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/ #LI-Remote
#Chenega Worldwide Support, LLC Teleworking Permitted?
Yes Teleworking Details
100% remote Estimated Salary/Wage
Up to USD $145,000.00/Yr.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program