Summary Machinery Maintenance Mechanic Alexandria, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
For the better part of a decade, Chenega Applied Solutions (CAS) has served federal agencies and the DoD as trusted advisors. Formed in 2012, Chenega Applied Solutions has evolved into a global professional services integrator that employs hundreds of people at locations across the globe.
The Machinery Maintenance Mechanic
is responsible for the general operation and maintenance of all building equipment and systems. General knowledge of installation and repair of all phases of refrigeration, plumbing, and electrical systems of the AV Bryan Federal Courthouse. Responsibilities
- Quickly respond to hot/cold calls from clients or tenants.
- Participate in preparing the building and its systems for significant weather changes/weather events.
- Perform basic plumbing repairs such as repairing leaky pipes or replacing flushometers.
- Work with the Chief Engineer and other on-site Engineers to gain additional knowledge of the various facility maintenance trades.
- Perform daily workload with little or no supervision.
- Work directly with co-workers in accessing, addressing, and solving challenges as they arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 4+ years of experience in the operations and maintenance field
- Experience working in a government facility
- Basic HVAC knowledge; CFC Universal certification a plus
- Background check required
How you'll grow
- Desire to move up within the organization by demonstrating skill and drive in the tasks assigned.
- Ability to pass an extensive background analysis.
- Ability to read blueprint diagrams, or desire to learn.
- Ability to climb an 8-foot ladder and can lift 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of DDC systems to control space temperature in maintaining heating and cooling systems within the facility.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition T eam
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Applied Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program