Summary UNIX Systems Administrator Natick, MA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
For nearly a decade, Chenega Technical Innovations (CTI) has been an industry leader in the federal small business marketplace, providing agencies and commercial customers with tomorrow's solutions in Integration and IT. Today, CTI possesses hundreds of employees and dozens of operations, integrating federal and DoD programs and capabilities around the world.
The UNIX Systems Administrator
will provide primary and backup server system administration support. Responsibilities
- Provide systems administration support for Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Provide Linux operating system and application install/update support.
- Install, configure, maintain, and provide troubleshooting support for all operating systems, applications, and hardware assigned.
- Maintain system compliance by ensuring all approved IAVAs, SPs, and patches are installed and configured. This includes maintaining Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance and reporting.
- Perform systems backups and recovery procedures. Document all system requirements associated with Disaster Recovery in the systems support documentation.
- Create and update related server/application documentation including Trusted Recovery Documentation (TRD), Method of Procedures (MOP), user guides, and other related training material.
- Work with the customer to help track annual maintenance support of systems, hardware, and software.
- Work with Database Administrators to perform system analysis for the implementation of Linux-based Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Follow all NEC policies, procedures, applicable regulations, and Functional Area processes.
- Maintain currency on technology and service capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 6+ years of directly relevant experience may be used instead of education; a combined total of 12+ years for education and experience
- Desired OS/Application Experience: RHEL 6/7, Postfix, Qiime, and GitHub
- VMWARE and Red Hat Linux certification required
- Must possess Baseline and Full Computing Environment certifications for IAT-II or higher IAW DoD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002
- Possess and maintain a valid state operator's license.
- Secret clearance is required.
How you'll grow
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral), strong customer service and excellent interpersonal skills, ability to listen and understand what is being described by the end user as well as the ability to explain problem resolutions when necessary.
- Advanced skills in problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision or guidance.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours and/or as on-call support.
- Good work ethic and active desire to learn.
- Skillful time management and organizational skills to set and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to encourage collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to maintain Secret clearance requirements.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition T eam
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Technical Innovations, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program