Summary Software Development Technical Lead Huntsville, AL
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level! Our Strength Is Our People
We believe taking care of our employees will deliver the best support to our customers and our community. Our success is attributable to our employees. We recruit and retain civic-minded people who fit our family-oriented small business culture.
Valued people deliver the highest level of professionalism and support to our customers. We provide our employees with a positive work environment and social activities that reinforce teamwork.
Venturi, LLC, has an exciting career opportunity for a dedicated and experienced Software Development Technical Lead
to support the US Army Aviation Mission Planning System (AMPS). The AMPS program is part of the US Army's Combat Capabilities and Development Command/Aviation and Missile Center/Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering, and Integration Directorate (S3I). The Software Development Technical Lead
will lead and provide support to the AMPS Software Engineering Team and will be primarily responsible for managing team activities, supporting team members, and contributing to the evolution and expansion of the Xamarin Forms app and .NET codebase into a web environment.
The Software Development Technical Lead
will support and participate in system/subsystem design, performance studies, and analyses, as well as interpret and analyze requirements obtained/derived from the US government customer. The Software Development Technical Lead
will review, verify, and/or validate system specifications and other design-related documentation, and conduct software design review, technical interchange and management control meetings, and configuration control boards. Responsibilities
- Act as a technical lead and a member of a team providing software development and support to the AvMC Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering, and Integration (S3I) Directorate.
- Develop, test, and deliver specific software functionality in support of government requirements.
- Coordinate with service program offices to ensure developed software meets their requirements.
- Contribute to testing activities, including writing test plans, executing tests, regression testing, performance testing, integration testing, etc.
- Contribute to improving the overall quality of software development processes and practices.
- Provide estimation of product development efforts.
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Support coordination on all aspects of software development, testing, acceptance, and support for multiple projects.
- Develop software requirements for the applications and prepare software application design documentation.
- Support preparing the requirements for tactical software developed by the military.
- Support data modeling for tactical systems using software tools.
- Provide software engineering support.
- Prepare software engineering deliverables for the project.
- Attend technical meetings and generate status information.
- Develop software code for the project.
- Help identify and diagnose problems and issues observed during the software development and unit testing.
- Work with test engineers to integrate the software tools into the test laboratory and train the operators on the use of the tool capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or a related field and 9+ years of experience in software design and development
- 15+ years of software development and design experience with a high school diploma or GED equivalent may be substituted for a BS/BA degree and 9+ years of relevant experience
- 13+ years of software development and design experience with an associate degree may be substituted for a BS/BA degree and 9+ years of relevant experience
- Background check required and must possess a US government Secret clearance
How you'll grow
- Experience with development tools Azure DevOps Boards, Git, Pipelines, and Artifacts or similar
- Experience working with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE), such as Microsoft Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code
- Experience with Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Experience leading in Scrum methodology (Product/Sprint Planning, Backlog Management, Retrospectives, Reviews, and Daily Standup)
- Experience writing cross-platform applications
- Experience in software development cybersecurity considerations and tools like Fortify.
- Experience developing apps with Xamarin/MAUI
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We believe there's always room to learn from entry-level employees to senior leaders.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to our relationships with our clients, team members, and communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program