Summary Director of Strategic Communications/Planning Lorton, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega IT Enterprise Services (CITES) offers forward-thinking technology solutions to federal agencies and the DoD. Formed in 2016 to serve federal customers CONUS, CITES has grown quickly into a best practices leader for the modern federal enterprise.
The Director of Strategic Communications/Planning
will develop and implement a comprehensive communications approach and develop high-impact and innovative communication methods utilizing both traditional and innovative communication strategies as differentiators in meeting RD-CB communication objectives. Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a biennial strategic communications plan that aligns with RD-CB strategic objectives to promote key messages, broadening engagement and RD-CB core competencies
- Identify methods, means, tools, and tactics to communicate approved RD-CB messages to target audiences
- Oversee a small team of communications professionals
- Develop and provide written and visual information, including fact sheets, letters, feature articles, news releases, exhibits, advertisements, press kits, multimedia presentations, and other graphical electronic information products, like web-based materials, including various social media tools, such as Facebook, X, LinkedIn and other electronic new media in coordination with the government PM.
- Coordinate all newly-developed information products, like feature articles, news releases, fact sheets, briefings, and presentations with appropriate customers and partner organizations when directed to do so by the government PM.
- Produce and disseminate RD-CB products and services, including current awareness products, new technology announcements, survey/summary reports, review and analysis reports resulting in paper or electronic handbooks/data books, and assist in writing articles that report program activities and S&T outcomes.
- Develop and implement information campaigns tailored to reach both specific and general audiences to inform those audiences about RD-CB core capabilities, projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Develop the products and messages and disseminate the information according to the prescribed plan.
- Produce no fewer than two, unless otherwise specified by the government PM, feature articles per month that articulate RD-CB technical and scientific advancements, projects, and/or capabilities
- Provide graphics production support to develop information graphics that help to visually explain complex scientific and engineering concepts for audiences with varying degrees of technical understanding
- Assist in the preparation of briefing packages for senior leaders for external engagements when directed, to ensure that the briefing packages align with the current strategic communications plan.
- Assist with the preparation, editing, and finalization of technical reports, manuscripts, and annual reports, including briefing materials
- Coordinate with all levels of the organization and with partner organizations to collect data specific to RD-CB strategic communications issues and topics as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 4+ years of related experience
- Supervisory experience
- Secret clearance required
How you'll grow
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Department of Defense experience a plus
- Up to 10% travel required.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to work shift work.
- Ability to handle a large, complex workload, effectively coordinate multiple resources, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluation methods and techniques.
- Ability to handle controversial situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program